A time that has come for lighting!

Here is the quote from Walthers home page. I had this idea but Brawa beat me to it! :(

Andy

QUOTE:
"Brawas new Pin Socket System has made lighting up your layout easier than ever before! This new system can be added quickly and easily to any layout or diorama. All you have to do is drill a hole for the socket, hook it up to a power source and plug the light of your choice in. Thats it! The Pin Socket System is set up to allow 10 of play. Adding lights on hills and inclines is no longerdifficult because you no longer have to worry about drilling holes at a perfect 90 angle to your workbench; any hole will suffice. The socket contains a pivot which allows you to tilt the light up to ten degrees. Once the socket is in place, just plug in your light and angle it the way you want. Once the socket is in place, any of the other light poles can be placed in it at any time. All you have to do is pull the old one out and plug the new one in. You can change the look of your layout in a matter of seconds. With five different styles available from Brawa, you can choose the light that best fits your layout or diorama. You can pick from the Elliptical Lamp (#186-5800), the Station Light (#186-5810), the Park Light (#186-5820), the Street Light (#186-5830) or the Wooden Mast Light (#186-5840). Each light comes in packages of three to help you line your streets. "

Attachments

• 01860000005830.gif
    01860000005830.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 173

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
how about....?

Yes, I've seen that system and I think it's a fantastic idea. The only thing that's missing is a North American streetlight. All the European companies (like Brawa, but there are a couple others) have an huge selection but it's mostly German prototype lights.

Here in Toronto, and most of the rest of the continent (hey - I've been around!) the streelights are not freestanding works of art, and there are very few Bishop's Crook lights, or globe lights -- except in very fancy neighbourhoods.

What I wish (oh how I wish!) is for someone like Brawa to make the kind of streetlight pictured below - and preferably as part of a utility pole. These things are everywhere where I live.

Cheers
Val

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 166

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I'm guessing streetlights?

Chris - I cannot tell you how cool that would be! And with your expertise in overhead wiring, they should be pretty excellent!

I've had this thought for awhile now, and it goes like this: would it be possible to have little grain of rice bulbs, shaded by those brass shades you can buy (forget the manufacturer's name), with working wires running from pole to pole? Would it be a series circuit, or what? If you ran the whole thing off a battery, could you use exposed (not shielded) wire so it would be thinner?

Oh, what the heck! I'll just wait for the Whitby show.

Cheers
Val
http://members.rogers.com/urbanscene/

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hey,Spit, I have made 9 for my layout, and intend to make some for the "Traction in Action " Layout while in Ottawa (as well as a pole making clinic),
So I should have it sorted in time for the Whitby show. You are on the right track, you will soon have a solder gun flux and solder in front of you, ahhhh I can see it know:D :D :D :D
Tractionaly yours.
Chris.