A light movement

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
brakie said:
Bob,I forgot to mention I took that picture with the flash "off". I am beginning to like this camera far better then my old HP camera.
Nice locos. Lately I've been taking shots both with the flash on and with it off. Some shots look better one way while others look better the other. Uhhh, the use of the word "better" is a relative term in this case. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I got a lot to learn about taking good pictures. :D:D

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
The first few photos that I took using my daughter's low-cost digital camera were done using the flash. None looked realistic, mainly due to glare from the flash. If the ambient lighting is reasonably good, it seems that the camera will compensate for the lighting and give a presentable picture. All of the shots that I've posted are done with no flash, and most of them under fluorescent lighting. Fluorescent lights do tend to "flatten" details, and I have started to occasionally used a handheld "trouble" light to provide a bit of added contrast. Your locos look good, although the second photo really makes the paint job look different.:D :D A good general rule of thumb is to keep the light source either behind you or between you and the subject. If the light is behind the subject, the camera usually "reads" the light, and the actual subject comes out too dark.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
doctorwayne said:
The first few photos that I took using my daughter's low-cost digital camera were done using the flash. None looked realistic, mainly due to glare from the flash. If the ambient lighting is reasonably good, it seems that the camera will compensate for the lighting and give a presentable picture. All of the shots that I've posted are done with no flash, and most of them under fluorescent lighting. Fluorescent lights do tend to "flatten" details, and I have started to occasionally used a handheld "trouble" light to provide a bit of added contrast. Your locos look good, although the second photo really makes the paint job look different.:D :D A good general rule of thumb is to keep the light source either behind you or between you and the subject. If the light is behind the subject, the camera usually "reads" the light, and the actual subject comes out too dark.

Wayne
The best shots I got when I was able to wheel my layout on the driveway and shoot. That's what I used to do with all my product pictures when we had our business. Aside from blasting out one side of the house,:eek: :eek: I've now got to be satisfied with what comes through one window since the wheels are now in the garage, but the layout is inside the house. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jules Winnfield

Mar 23, 2006
More pictures Brakie! I think thy look PERFECT on that black bench.Any Bengals fan would be moved to tears! Thanks! All silliness aside... they are beautiful!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jules Winnfield said:
More pictures Brakie! I think thy look PERFECT on that black bench.Any Bengals fan would be moved to tears! Thanks! All silliness aside... they are beautiful!

Ok..Heres one more.

Attachments

• Picture-005.jpg
    Picture-005.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 117

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
brakie said:
Bob,I forgot to mention I took that picture with the flash "off". I am beginning to like this camera far better then my old HP camera.

I love my Fuji Finepix A210. Just can't beat the pix for the price. I've found my best pictures are done in natural light, even dusk is fine without flash. That's why most all my shots are done on my modules. The only indoor light I've had any success with is at the club layout and even then its only about 60% of the time. I don't even try the flash any more as I've never been happy with any flash setting or the resulting pic.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Ralph,That is roughly based on the R.J.Corman scheme.Don Mills(Tankertoad70) did the painting..I believe it was his idea for the darker red..I agree the darker red is far better..BTW..That is called C&HV's Cardinal scheme after Ohio's State bird the Cardinal.However,C&HV men simply call it the "Red bird scheme". Some railfans call the engines fire trucks..Of course these J-Hawkers would rather see the old C&O running the former C&O Athens sub instead of the C&HV.:rolleyes: :D