A great gift

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by jmarksbery, Dec 19, 2004.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:) Fred sent me this great backdrop building to use, and with the inspiration of his design and also the inspiration of Spitfires tractor plant here's what I did.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cut out the section in the red square and used it for the upper office floors, the wall section went in where the cutout was to gain 2 more loading doors and removed the dock as the track will run right next to the building serviceing the 4 loading doors. I put in new widow glazing, added duct work, water tower, added a small tool shed to roof, vents and relocated his smoke stacks. And of course I had to repaint and weather. There were a couple of holes I couldn't get fill right so I covered them with jewel sets to act as security lights.

[​IMG]

Any way I added signs and it became a John Deere Plant. What do ya think? I believe it will make a fine addition to my next section of my layout. Thanks so much Fred (Dash 10) :unsure: Jim

Roof top
    [​IMG]

Signs and office end
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Business end with Stacks and Water Tower
    [​IMG]

And the last view of that long beautiful building
    [​IMG]
    Again thanks so much Fred,
  2. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Very cool! Looks great!
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Excellent! Nice paint job and cool details with the pipes, water tower, signs, etc. I'd say you made a very neat looking unique structure for your layout! So, how many coils of steel can my layout's mill put you down for? :)
    Ralph