A Day On The A & T

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Hello Logging People!

I’m having some fun chronicling a day on my Alpine & Terlingua. On the N gauge forum I posted some pictures of the Alpine yards and the crew getting the A & T’s engines ready for the days work. At the same time about 25 miles down the line the "Shaymaxler" is roaring out of the woods with a load of logs off the Agua Fria logging branch.........;)

Attachments

• shayataugua.jpg
    shayataugua.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 167

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Pulling the MTY's

Here the 0-6-0 assigned to the Edwards sawmill pulls the empty log flats out of the sawmill siding to clear the log dump siding. The Shaymaxler has pulled up and stopped on the main.............

Attachments

• pulmtys.jpg
    pulmtys.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 158

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Tacking On The MTY's

Next the empties get tacked onto the Shaymaxler. A load of cable (delivered yesterday by the Terlingua Turn) is also going out to the Agua Fria branch..................

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 161

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Shaymaxler Heads Back Up The Branch

With the empties and a load of cable for the "Donkeys" the Shaymaxler heads out for logging country.

Attachments

• byeshay.jpg
    byeshay.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 151

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Thanks All!

Gentlemen,

I certainly appreciate the kind words. Try as I may I can't seem to get things very sharp with my rinky dink digital camera and there is hardly any depth of field. But I'll keep trying.

Can't get over your pictures and logging line Shamus, absolutely beautiful work! Being a unique track gauge and scale combo, I am curious as to what you have for your minimum radius?

I forgot to post the Edwards Sawmill No.3, here 'tis...................

Attachments

• mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 127

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
ONE GREAT LOOKING LAYOUT

That is one terrific looking layout! It has great looking rock work. The structures look like they came right out of one of those logging books I'm so fond of. That N scale sawmill is truly beautiful.

How about a shot of the trestle next to it?
--Stu--

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Trestle Picture

Thanks Grlakeslogger!

I'd be more than happy to take a few more in and around the sawmill. Keep watch it will probably take me a few days to get that done. I've got to do dumb stuff like make a living for the next few days.:D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi.,
Because 0n30 is running on what you might call HO track I have a minimum radius of 20" for it. My track and points are in fact Peco 0-16.5.

shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I have cleaned up the sawmill for you a little.
Shamus

Attachments

• mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 115

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Photo

Thanks for the clean up Shamus,

I've got a friend with one of those Super Duflex Double Whammy Digitals, I'll have to ask him to take some shots. I swear the depth of field on my camera is just about nil. :(

Wow! Your layout is fantastic.

I'm only new to the railway modeling world and I'm overwhelmed at how amazing these layout are.

I'm currently trying learn as much information as I can on the American railroads, Santa Fe mainly.

By any chance Cinnibar are you JackB, i have seen photos on this layout or similiar on other sites and am curious if it is the same one.

Cheers
Jason