A Day On The A & T - Continued......

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
OT-1 (empty ore cars going to the “Cat Pause Mine”) out on the main has just crested the grade out of Jacqueline Heights, is about to come off the steam and start the long drift down to the mine.

Attachments

• no6enroute.jpg
    no6enroute.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 117

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Westbound S.P. Passenger

An S.P. Mogul coasts up to the Alpine station. Passengers who arrived on the Eastbound and Westbound and headed for Terlingua will grab a quick breakfast at the Gage Hotel. They have about 45 minutes before the A & T passenger train departs for Jacqueline Heights and Terlingua.

Attachments

• westbnddrifts.jpg
    westbnddrifts.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 110

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Busy Time in Apine

Fortunately the wind is carrying the smoke and cinders from three locomotives away from downtown. The S.P. freight has backed into the Alpine yards to drop cars bound for points along the A & T. The 2-8-0 in the foreground will tack Westbound (El Paso) cars onto the S.P. While this is all going on No.10 waits patiently to pull the morning passenger run up to the depot

Attachments

• verybusy.jpg
    verybusy.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 105

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
The S.P. Departs Alpine for El Paso

As soon as the departing S.P. caboose clears the switch, No.10 will pull the passenger train up to the depot.

Attachments

• tenwaitsa.jpg
    tenwaitsa.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 98

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
OOPPS!

Got ahead of myself................
The passengers are all aboard and No.10 is just about ready to head out onto the main.

Attachments

• ptlvngal.jpg
    ptlvngal.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 97

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Enroute to Terlingua

About an hour has past - No.10 has stopped at Jacqueline Heights and is heading out onto “The Whiskey Creek Bridge” for a long up-grade haul to “Tanglefoot Curve” around “Cougar’s Gulch”. That's it for this week!:wave:

Attachments

• ovrthebridg.jpg
    ovrthebridg.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 91

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Thanks!

Marc, Robin,

Thanks for the comments.

Marc, it's only 9:30 AM, I'm sure Whiskey Creek Falls will get will get photographed before the "Day" is over.

Robin, that shot of the Westbound S.P. freight surprised me. The coaling tower really towers over the picture. That shot is one of the reasons I'm am having so much fun with this project. Not wanting to bore the life out of "The Gauge" members is forcing me to look for new angles to shoot from. In effect, I'm looking at my layout from places I've never been before. Fun!:D