A com-boose??

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Ash Creek com-boose #2

From this angle it's hard to tell, but the track is about one" higher than the ground to the right of the car I guess I'll have to build a "loading ramp" for the people to board!

Attachments

• ash creek comboose1055.jpg
    ash creek comboose1055.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 203

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Drew, thats some fine work you have done on the speeder.
Did you know that the photo you showed was taken by Darius Kinsey and was the "Sauk River Lumber Companies speeder" It was used to take loggers wives shopping, but that photo taken that day was used to take VIP's visiting the logging operations and the two Skagit Indian women were going to pick berries.

Shamus
wink.gif

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by shamus
Hi Drew, thats some fine work you have done on the speeder.
Did you know that the photo you showed was taken by Darius Kinsey and was the "Sauk River Lumber Companies speeder" It was used to take loggers wives shopping, but that photo taken that day was used to take VIP's visiting the logging operations and the two Skagit Indian women were going to pick berries.

Shamus
wink.gif

Wow, thats a pretty good story Shamus, it fits right into the small town atmosphere of the Ash Creek. I thought that the car had only two axels, but I wasn't sure. But, my car is 25'3"long. It was fun to make and like I said, I'll build a loading ramp for the people to board, and hopefully start to make some money, taking people back and forth on the layout!!

Drew

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Powered!!!

You got to be kidding!!! powered! I don't know about that.

This "gandy dancer" your talking about, is that the ad I see in MR for International Hobby, #46202 for 11.99us? I wonder where I could get that up in the Great White North!!?? If I can find one, I'm game!

Drew

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
As is always the case for you, Drew, excellent work!
It just so happens that I'm pondering a somewhat similar bash for my mining road...so I might stea...I mean borrow a couple of ideas from you! :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Hi Drew, it has just the two axles, and is "POWERED"

Shamus

Ok, theres no stack, so it's not steam, there's no trolley pole, so it's not electric. That leaves diesel, or, most probably, gas.
Question: Is the motor in the "cab"?, or is it under the car?
Question: Is it a direct drive? or is there a clutch, and transmission?

Nice model Drew!
Thanks, Shamus, for pointing out that it was a speeder. I missed that completely!
Pete

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
A Speeder!!

Originally posted by sumpter250

Ok, theres no stack, so it's not steam, there's no trolley pole, so it's not electric. That leaves diesel, or, most probably, gas.
Question: Is the motor in the "cab"?, or is it under the car?
Question: Is it a direct drive? or is there a clutch, and transmission?

Nice model Drew!
Thanks, Shamus, for pointing out that it was a speeder. I missed that completely!
Pete

Yea, thanks Shamus, suddenly my model looks pretty silly:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: knowing that it was supposed to be powered;) ;)

And yes Sumpter, you do have a lot of good questions there. The picture doesn't really answer them though:( :(

Charlie, you go right ahead and borrow away. Thats why I show every body:cool: :cool: Thats what it's all about, sharing info with others!!

I guess I still need to find a small powered apparatus of sorts. Any other ideas I could try?

Drew

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Re: Powered!!!

Originally posted by Drew Toner
You got to be kidding!!! powered! I don't know about that.

This "gandy dancer" your talking about, is that the ad I see in MR for International Hobby, #46202 for 11.99us? I wonder where I could get that up in the Great White North!!?? If I can find one, I'm game!

Drew

That's the one! This is what I crammed up my 15 ton Mack.

ehobbies-com_1720_305570078

You have to give it a little-plastic-man-ectomy, so it looks something like this (sorry for the crude drawing, where's a graphic artist when you need one? VAL? VAL?)

Attachments

• gandychop.gif
    gandychop.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 43