A better picture

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
of Jon's switchstand. I got this one "planted' on the layout. Not counting the time for glue and paint to dry it took about 20 min. to put together (make wood base and assemble). Think how nice they will look when you take your time :eek: :D . These are proto for the Southern and a lot of other railroads (especalily? the branch lines). Just cut the pole so the head sits down almost on top of the stand and you have the ones they use off the mainline. Jon I will be getting back to you with a order!

Attachments

• s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 229

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Now that's what I call a winning team:

Jon, your handiwork is excellent and I'm outright amazed what can be done with a soldering iron. In this thread you said that in reality it's your LPBs who are doin' the solderin'. Friend - for ONE time you should pat them on the head (very, very gentle!) and put your acetone canister to the side. :D :D :D

And Tyson, the mounting of the switchstand on the somewhat run-down spur looks excellent. Half buried in the dirt, weeds between the rails - beautiful!

The work of you both, put together, gives an excellent example of these little details that make a layout really come to live! Thanks for sharing it with us! :) :) :)

Ron