88's Second Photo Post

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Here it is. The GP-60 mentioned in my first post. As you can tell by the handrails its an Athern. I had to take another picture and trim it down because no matter what I did the ones I had would not fit in the 100KB space.
Enjoy, and any comments would be useful.

Attachments

• gp-60 retro.jpg
    gp-60 retro.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 123

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
88 this ones a winner also! :cool: I checked out your web site, the photo of the F units coming thru the cut was my favorite. On your size problem, when you are in your photo shop or whatever before you do any editing go to format then dimensions then 800 x 600. This should cut the size down and you shouldn't have to do as much cropping either. Or at least thats how it works for me.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Definitely Mr De Mille's apprentice!:cool: :cool:

88, when scanning your pics, keep the magnification to 100%, i.e. input resolution = output resolution. Also, set your scanner to 75dpi for scanning. That's all you need for pictures on the net. Also, with your existing pics, "resize" them to 50% of the original. This will cut the file size down to 25% of what it was. You should be able to scan a normal size photo, and it will be about 30K - 50K max, using these options. Hope this helps you out.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Thanks for the info......

Thanks for the information, but all my pictures were taken with a digital camera, which I downloaded on to my PC. If you have any suggestions on how to keep the full picture, let me know. I'm kinda a novice when it comes to that.
Thanks.....

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Give it a shot

O.K.I 'll give it a shot. The pictures of the two locos were taken about six inches away with the camera laying on the layout . After I cropped then downloaded to post for some reason they were enlarged. Thought I'd done something wrong.
Thanks again for the info.

Hey 88, where did you get your handle from? Everytime I see it, it reminds of a book I read several times as a kid called "The Runaway Ride of Old 88." It's a story of a bad-luck steam locomotive that has a nasty habit of losing brake pressure at all the wrong moments. Just curious.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Handle.....

Big NASCAR fan.....Dale Jarrett(88 car). Been a fan of his since he was driving for the Wood Brothers, well since I saw his first win at Michagan on ESPN back in '91. Just kept following him since. My second hobby is also collecting NASCAR diecast. But model railroading is still my first, and has been for a lot longer than I've been a Dale Jarrett fan.