40k Mini Diorama

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ARMORMAN

Hey all,

My latest project was a dual contest entry (not quite finished). It is a small Warhammer 40k diorama containing a wrecked Warhound Titan Head on a shattered overgrown city street. Every thing you see in the pictures, with the exception of some small lichen is paper (well, the water is Aileen's Clear Glue).

The base, rubble and large tree is cardboard with a coating of gel medium mixed with texturing sand. The tree trunk was cut out of a toilet paper tube and the branches carefully peeled apart and bent at different angles.

The leaves and smaller plants were made out of a sheet of regular typing paper colored with Prismacolor markers.

The Titan head was taken from a paper pattern off the web and heavily modified (including an interior, which is not quite finished).

The base and head were primered black and dry brushed or stippled depending on the texture desired.

Hope this helps someone.

Bill

Attachments

• head-topw.jpg
    head-topw.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 62
  • ftw.jpg
    ftw.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 31
  • headsidew.jpg
    headsidew.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
  • side3w.jpg
    side3w.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 22
  • head-backw.jpg
    head-backw.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 17
  • wmarinew.jpg
    wmarinew.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 38

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
That's great, Bill! I'm sure the pictures and explanation will be helpful. Good luck in the contest!

A

ARMORMAN

I tied for first in our local IPMS contest (the other first was a beautiful pl**tic Testarosa). Actually, I entered my space wreck as well and they couldn't decide between the two paper kits and so I also tied with myself.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Thanks!

Let me give you some better pics....

Attachments

• isotopft.jpg
    isotopft.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 10
  • roadside-ft-corner.jpg
    roadside-ft-corner.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 12
  • treeside.jpg
    treeside.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 14
  • bill's-titan-004.jpg
    bill's-titan-004.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 13
  • bill's-titan-captain.jpg
    bill's-titan-captain.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17

lalo

Aug 12, 2008
.... :thumb: I like it. Good complement to adventures in dioramas. A car history. ... Jorge :mrgreen:

devox

Jul 1, 2010
Chicago USA
very nice looking, I especially like your custom foilage there. I was thinking today of doing a diorama and a good way to make some trees.

MAGI

Sep 20, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Nice work.

I can see my TAU recovery team working their way through dense jungle to recover the computer core for communication codes for their upcoming planetary assault on the owners of said Warhound head. It will be a messy assault if they do recover those codes......

And I am back.... Thanks for the mini holiday.

Dioramas are great to display your work.
And in war gaming like others have said. Great objectives that really add to the over all game that is being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.