1st structure in my sawmill complex complete

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Nice work on the kits!

You did an excellent job with those Cambbell Kits! I really like the stain. I had forgotten about those shingles.

I used to love the smell of that shugar pine when you opened the box. Those kits smelled so good.

How did you score a Keystone Band mill? I wanted one of those when I put in the big mill in Crooked Creek (logging in E Tn. on the DG CC & W RR) but they were all gone, and that was at least 16 years ago. Nothing else was close, so I scratchbuilt. I have some Keystone machinery, but it isn't built and installed yet, fine fine machinery.

Bill Nelson

Clarksville Tn.

rlundy90

Oct 2, 2007
Anola, Manitoba, Canada
Thanks Bill. I bought all my Keystone kits on Ebay, but they are starting to get quite pricey now. When the bandsaw mill comes up it usually sells for between $125.00-$180.00. It originally sold for $59.95. Now you can't even buy the machinery for that price. I also have the planing mill, kiln, kindling wood factory and 2 Danby sawmill kits. I would love to see some pics of your scratchbuilt mill. The shingles on my Cambell kits are not the same as what comes in the kit. These are from Sierra Scale Models and are cut from sheets and applied one at a time. Takes forever, but I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. I just like the looks of them better than any others I have used, even though they are a lot more work.

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
at least one photo of my mill is in the thread logging Eastern Tn on the DG CC and W RR , Be sure to check out my buddy Dr G's (Dr Tom) nearby thread on logging on his C & S. we have been working together for more than 20 years!

When I get organized I'll post more mill pictures My sawmill town is about 2.5 feet wide and about 24 feet long, counting the south end that curves around the corner of the room. it dominates the second level of a five level railroad.

Bill Nelson