1:33 Scale Paper Bomb&Underwing Fuel tank

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by topgunner, Jan 28, 2010.

1. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Can anyone tell me how to build a relistic 1:33 Scale under wing Bomb & fuel tank from scratch?

Thanks
    John
  2. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

very carefully? :p Um... What type of tank are you looking for? Emil Zarkov's F6F models have a well modeled drop tank, but still
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

good point commander. No sense reinventing the wheel :) or in this case tanks. Give us an idea of what you are looking for specifically. Might be a freebie kit out there somewhere already that has what you need :)
    Chris
  4. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

The Orlik PBJ kit I'm working on includes 4 500lb bombs for the bomb bay. I don't intend on using them. PM me with a snail mail addy and I'll drop them in the mail if that works for you....

Mike
  5. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

:bomarc: if he doesn't want the bombs, and ur willing, I'll take em.

l8tr
  6. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

Too late Cmdr, TG pm'd me with an address. Thanks for playing though, and as a parting gift, I'll send you the ten 5 inch HVAR's that also came with the PBJ kit. I won't be using those either. PM me with an addy if you want 'em.....

Mike
  7. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

8. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

OK gents, envelopes went into the mail this morning. Load up those planes!

Mike
  9. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Thanks Mike

Your a true Gentleman and Plane lover but could you have scanned the items and emailed them?Just a thought

Thanks Again
    john
    topgunner
  10. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

I thought about it John, having scanned the whole kit before I started way back when to (hopefully) recover should disaster strike (hasn't happened yet, knock on wood), but I was trying to be sensitive to any piracy issues that doing such may invoke, being a touchy subject in paper model circles. Besides, the printing is fairly nice in this Orlik kit, worth the 44 cent stamp. :)

Enjoy!
    Mike
  11. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Issues

Mike What kind of issues ,im kind of new at this and was'nt aware of any issues
    John
  12. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

I don't want to turn your thread into a big discussion on priacy, and, as they say "others know more", but I do know that one aspect of the piracy problem concerns sellers out there (on eBay and similar places) selling "digital" kits that were only offered by the original publishers as printed kits, meaning that they have been scanned by the seller, PDF'ed, and sold as their own, even if the original publishers still sell the printed kits. Now, obviously I'm not selling anything, but even giving away scans of somebody else's work printed or otherwise, probably isn't too kosher either. So, out of respect for Orlik, I sent the actual unused parts of a kit I paid for.

Do a search here and the other paper model forums on "piracy" and you should get a good idea of the kinds of do's and dont's in regards to copyright and piracy.

Mike
  13. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Thanks Again

Mike
    Enough said! I get it Thanks
  14. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Valid questions, valid responses. Piracy is a touchy issue, and I heartily approve of Bomarc's decision to send the physical parts rather than scans.

Well handled, guys. :thumb: