«Railfanmobiles»

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Browsing thru the Trainboard forum, I have found these «nice» vehicles adapted for the die-hard RR fan. I wanted to partage them with you. :D :D

This one is for the UP buffs:

Attachments

• Furgoneta UP.jpg
    Furgoneta UP.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 115
F

Fred_M

Them guys best watch out, UP and BNSF will be sueing them for trademark infringement. Fred

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
There's a guy here in Connecticut that drives around in a pick-up painted in Hew Haven McGuinness theme. I see it once in awhile, usually when I don't have a camera.

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
neilmunck said:
I LOVE the headlight in the middle of the bonnet of the UP van.

Jeez! :D I don't now how it can be in the US, but here the regulations about the size & position of the vehicle lights are very restrictive (not to speak of your lady ones). :rolleyes:

All non-standard modifications must get checked and pass an oficial exam, in order to get the official authorization sealed in the vehicle papers. Without it, your vehicle is not «legal», and yoy risk heavy fines (ouch!! :( ). You can rest assured hat these lights NEVER would got an approval!! (moreover, the first highway patrol that you passed by will get -first- a heart attack, -second- he will jump out of their pants to catch you, and -finally- you will get a severe «pocket-attack»!!!) :eek: :mad: :eek:ops: :D

(what a pity! The tough of having an ol' van painted «Grande Gold» with four stripes was interesting! Sure that it would turn a few heads...! :p )

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Over here the laws are not so restrictive. If he turns those lights on while driving on the highway, he would have a problem. The red light is illegal in California at least. Red lights must always face the rear of the vehicle, and must never be visible from the front, police cars excepted. If he doesn't turn the lights on, or if they are not hooked up, he will have no problem.

Well it is not as dramatic as these but here is mine!
It does have an ATSF Super Fleet front license plate and gets me where I want to go :p .

zmytruck.jpg

Mike

:) :) :) :)