XLG paper Tie Fighter in Spec FX short

McGee

Cory
Hey everyone,
Good evening.
Here's a ( not so)little Tie Fighter that was substantially upsized to use in a Spec FX special that was made to recreate the original trench run...or at least a version of it, to show how it can be done on a low budget....you know...like the original fledgling team.
Recognize this artwork and design anyone?
For those who have not seen this...enjoy.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting, but so time consuming. I'd invest the time into something undone, seeing how he has the methodology down. He could maybe even make his own movie! Great explanation though to someone who may wish making their own movies, and with the new 2/4K cameras by Nikon, etc., that shoot in this format, the time and space, (and how deep your pockets are) are your only limit. :)

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Interesting, but so time consuming. I'd invest the time into something undone, seeing how he has the methodology down. He could maybe even make his own movie! Great explanation though to someone who may wish making their own movies, and with the new 2/4K cameras by Nikon, etc., that shoot in this format, the time and space, (and how deep your pockets are) are your only limit. :)
We're now living in an age where people can do spectacular things with really small, almost zero, budgets in the realm of movie making and SFX.

Take a look at this:

One guy is doing a Warhammer fan film that looks as if it was professionally produced by a team of people! There's a lot of great fan-made stuff out there.

McGee

Cory
Hey everyone, I
Here is yet another really cool video I came across, that i think you'll all enjoy, and cause you to look closer just to try and see it next time you watch the movie.
Here again, I wanted to point to a movie utilizing Paper or cardstock modelling as its props.
THIS time though it is a big Hollywood studio who's FX team utilized cardboard shapes and photo images of manhattan building wallpapers pasted onto various cut n fold box shapes to achieve the Manhattan waterfront approach and flyover in Escape from New York, to create a quick but cheap and effective prop...or props
Enjoy.
He begins discussing it a couple minutes in.