Where I’ve been

OldMiner

Personal issues and a new addition to the ‘family’.

I have a new printer to help with the details like greeblies and people for my models.
I’m still learning this thing obviously since I’ve only had it for a couple of days.

IMG_2637.jpeg

That’s an Anycubic Kobra Neo, with a small war happening. Those are my first two models. Some issues remain but it is part of the learning curve.

Having fun!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice. If it wasn't because I'm building two motorcycles right now, I would have purchased a 3D printer. Time is running out on the bike riding, so I have to get my beasts ready. I probably have 5 or 6 years left. I have to experience 180 mph at least once on my ZZR1200 Kawasaki! :)

OldMiner

Update:
The 3d printer triggered a reaction from my wife. She decided that our remaining ‘spare’ bedroom can become my ‘office’. That’s good news for sure, but it means that all my hobby stuff must be boxed up for the move. Several large pieces of furniture must also be moved in and out. So, I will keep an eye on the forum and join in a bit, but no model making for a while.
I will try to get some pics of the room as soon as it is ready to start the move.

OldMiner

The move to the new office is progressing. I printed a toy last night on my 3d printer. I will be moving it into the office tomorrow I think so I wanted to play with it one more time. The heavy furniture moves will come soon I hope, so I can get back to playing with toys again.
Here is the latest print, a tracked vehicle for my little soldiers. (About 14 hours of print time)

IMG_3114.jpeg

IMG_3113.jpeg

Obviously, there is more cleanup and painting to do, but I’m happy with that print.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That came out really great!! To get that kind of detail out of your 3d printer, VERY GOOD. Did you find a place that has files or did you write the program. You executed the 3d print excellently, sometimes these things get too hot and get really wonky. ;)

OldMiner

That came out really great!! To get that kind of detail out of your 3d printer, VERY GOOD. Did you find a place that has files or did you write the program. You executed the 3d print excellently, sometimes these things get too hot and get really wonky. ;)
I got the file off of thingiverse. The fellow that made it creates ‘easy prints’ that lay flat and the sections are glued together. I did have a small problem with the back seat cushion warping, but no big deal. The PLA is thermo-forming of course, so it can be heated and warped back into place after printing. Otherwise, the print ideas he has are brilliant.
Thanks for the compliment! The 3d printer has captivated me.

Link to the designer of the easy prints:

and an image from the site showing how the parts lie on the printer bed.

IMG_3131.png

And my desk in place. Won’t be long and I can move everything into the room and hopefully work on toys.

IMG_3130.jpeg

Today I helped my son get a couple of the machines I gave him set up in his shop.

IMG_0329.jpeg

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Nice milling machine and Lathe. Looks like the Milling machine has a lot of room on the "Z" axis. The lathe looks great too. ;)