Well, hello there!

guyjin

My name is Ben. I'm not a big paper modeler at this point, but I love the variety in this community! So many things that you just can't find in any other medium. Thanks for bringing back this forum!

Regards,

Ben

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Ben,

Welcome to Zealot. Being a paper model builder is not a requirement to join. Yes, we do have quite a variety of different things to have fun with. So, by all means, make yourself comfortable, kick back, relax, and have a good look around to see what all is here and what we have to offer.
If I may ask, what genre are you interested in? If you have photos of anything that you have built, please share them with us! We love seeing photos!

If you have any questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself! I look forward to see your work.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!

I too would love to see some picture of your work.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

subnuke

Banned
Glad to have you here, Ben. I'm sure you have already seen we are a group of modelers doing whatever we do.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot. We have many members who do not build, but like to view the builds process and the end results. Your comments are invited and any encouragement and compliment goes a long way to the people that do build, so, even if you build nothing, you can contribute greatly. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Welcome Aboard... I still mainly build plastic kits, but I have a Paper Thunderfighter on my bench, cause it's the "only game in town" for that bird right now.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Welcome Ben, I transitioned from plastic to paper due to the costs involved :) I found once the paper bug bites there's no getting rid of it! ;)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Welcome, please check the resources section, you might find something you want to build, and please post pics! There are also tips and instructions, some of which have inspired me-the adding foil to paper, wet bending, and conical graduations. The way people detail out their models here is just amazing.

snowmanX

Welcome aboard Ben! Being able find a model of almost anything, choose between various model versions from different designers, and reprint parts as needed really makes paper fun to work with.

Papa Mashy

Masher of paper
Hi Ben,

You won't be disappointed here.

I'm a plastic to paper convert.
Although I'm still fairly new to the medium, the challenges and limitless scale of where you can go with it are really exciting. To be able to make something from a few sheets of paper has an appeal and real satisfaction that I haven't found before.

I just wish I had more time...

You won't be short of good helpful advice on your exploration of this wonderful world. There are plenty of extremely good modellers here who can, and will, help and encourage you.
One of the best features of this community is the lack of judgement. It can be intimidating to post pictures of your work if you feel it isn't to the standard of some of the exceptional models built here.
Many of us will never attain the skills to produce perfect models, but we all get better and learn from each other. Whatever your level, there is always more to learn, improve and share.

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your journey.

Steve

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Howdy and Welcome to Zealot...
Motto: If you need help, Just Ask!