Weathered feed mill for Jess

spitfire

Hopefully this will inspire you in the painting of your grain elevator.

:wave: Val

Attachments

• P1010047.JPG
    P1010047.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010050.JPG
    P1010050.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010048.JPG
    P1010048.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 9

w8jy

Thanks for the pictures, Val. I have attached a pic of the kit I will be building. Since it is a similar structure, I can definitely pattern the weathering after your pictures.
There are still a lot of these structures around in our rural areas, and I don't ever recall seeing one with a fresh coat of paint.

Attachments

• 88175293139607.jpg
    88175293139607.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14

cnw1961

I am pretty sure that I am not Jess :mrgreen:, but thank you for the pics, Val. They don’t inspire me to paint an elevator like that, they inspire me to scratch build the whole structure. Do you have some more pictures that show the other sides? Looks like it is completely clad in metal, but I think clapboard sidings would look very nice too.

doctorwayne

Here's a similar structure, although this one, in Cayuga, is abandonned.
Feed_mill_at_Cayuga_2.jpg

Feed_mill_at_Cayuga_1.jpg

Feed_mill_at_Cayuga_3.jpg

Feed_mill_at_Cayuga_4.jpg

The foliage isn't really that lush in southern Ontario in early March - some cement-head accidently activated the date thingy - it's the only way that I could get a date, especially on such short notice.:rolleyes::p;)

Wayne

spitfire

Thanks for the pictures, Val. I have attached a pic of the kit I will be building. Since it is a similar structure, I can definitely pattern the weathering after your pictures.
There are still a lot of these structures around in our rural areas, and I don't ever recall seeing one with a fresh coat of paint.

That looks like a great kit Jess. :thumb: Don't forget to post photo's of yours. :) :)

Val