We were hit with a Denial of Service Attack (DNS)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
What knocked off offline was a Denial of Service Attack. This is what hit us before, and nearly destroyed the forum software. I don't know why, but someone has something against us. I challenge them to show their face, state the time and place. I will settle it. The coward or cowards that do this to destroy our community in my opinion forfeit the right to life. When a person for no good reason tries to remove the goings on of decent folk which hurts that group of people, they are cursed, and may whatever causes people like this to get theirs in the end, may it happen quickly, swiftly and with extreme prejudice.

Also, since this will cost a substantial amount of money to fix, and our new Patron doesn't make a cent off of this forum, it costs him money, this is become a very serious issue. People, or a person may end up hating us off the internet, and out of this virtual realm of existence. We would be a diaspora, but even in that event, we still win. We spread our seeds to the wind, seeding the world with goodness.

In the end, good people never lose, it just appears that way.

Last edited:

eagleclaw4935

Apprently Zealot wasnt the only one to have the problem.Papermodelers' is experiencing a simular situation. Problem being these assclowns cover their tracks well. If be by some miracle of fate you do find the perp or perps, you have my best wishes to do what needs to be done. Long live Zealot.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
is there anything we can do to prevent these DoSA in the future? I may be at the start of an extended disability, and being able to read and post here is a great help.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that we are up and running again, and that the DNS attack did not kill us off.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
It's pretty obvious who is doing it. complaints about this kind of thing have been ongoing since Melvin was harassed at pm.com. Someone of a particular self identity has friends in Europe that are hackers and vent on us for whatever insane reasons they come up with. In Melvin's case it was simply that he was producing some damn good models. In my case they took some comments I said the wrong way and overreacted to them. In a few others case it was simply that they felt threatened by a superior craftsman or intellect. they complain all the time and grip incessantly over there and then run scared when warned off.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
What knocked off offline was a Denial of Service Attack. This is what hit us before, and nearly destroyed the forum software. I don't know why, but someone has something against us. I challenge them to show their face, state the time and place. I will settle it. The coward or cowards that do this to destroy our community in my opinion forfeit the right to life. When a person for no good reason tries to remove the goings on of decent folk which hurts that group of people, they are cursed, and may whatever causes people like this to get theirs in the end, may it happen quickly, swiftly and with extreme prejudice.

Also, since this will cost a substantial amount of money to fix, and our new Patron doesn't make a cent off of this forum, it costs him money, this is become a very serious issue. People, or a person may end up hating us off the internet, and out of this virtual realm of existence. We would be a diaspora, but even in that event, we still win. We spread our seeds to the wind, seeding the world with goodness.

In the end, good people never lose, it just appears that way.
Knowing that our Patron does this out of his own pocket, I will take this opportunity to ask every member that is able to do so, to Please donate to the site. It is easy to do and there is no minimum amount, so please give what you can to try and keep this wonderful forum up and running...

Thanks

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
It's pretty obvious who is doing it. Complaints about this kind of thing have been ongoing since captqrk was harassed at pm.com. Someone of a particular self identity has friends in Europe that are hackers and vent on us for whatever insane reasons they come up with. In captqrk 's case it was simply that he was producing some damn good models. In my case they took some comments I said the wrong way and overreacted to them. In a few others case it was simply that they felt threatened by a superior craftsman or intellect. They complain all the time and gripe incessantly over there and then run scared when warned off.

Please don't name anyone till absolute proof exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apprently Zealot wasnt the only one to have the problem.Papermodelers' is experiencing a simular situation. Problem being these assclowns cover their tracks well. If be by some miracle of fate you do find the perp or perps, you have my best wishes to do what needs to be done. Long live Zealot.

I have nothing to do with PM.com but last time we were hit, I had heard they were hit too. That sucks, and makes me believe it is some disgruntled person who belonged to both or more of these type forums, and was probably a pain in the ass at all of them. Thanks for the info. thumbsupthumbsup

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What do people gain from such attacks? It's a ridiculous attempt to boost their "self-confidence" but what sense does it make if they don't reveal themselves. "Revenge" or whatever this is supposed to be does not lead anyone anywhere, it just hurts and shows how deep these people have fallen. Maybe they have too much time. Instead of hiding and shooting at someone they should do something meaningful in life. :explode: