warhammer Land Rider

wlock

thank you for your pictures Tirick, I also got a land raider and am scanning the parts.
the one I built out of paper was actually a bit smaller...so i'm resizing again
I also got a leman russ and compared to the other paper models it matches the size pretty well!!!

Not much time these days but i'll add a few more pictures soon

wlock

back with an update.
the land raider that i had done had many issues when compared to the real thing. elements size where wrong and in some cases even the shape itself.

I got one and scanned the parts before assembling and painting(first time ever so i messed up a bit...) and the new prototype looks much better.

All textures are back to just white and lines, it is much easier to change colors and much better for texture placement. i'll release this version first then eventually the metal texture for those who want it.

this version can be colored even with paint in windows so it is much better for those with no experience in photoshop or image editing programs
pictures follow

Attachments

• DSC01568.jpg
    DSC01568.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01569.jpg
    DSC01569.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01570.jpg
    DSC01570.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01571.jpg
    DSC01571.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01572.jpg
    DSC01572.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01573.jpg
    DSC01573.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 53

wlock

and the last two
the top and rear covers are done along with the lights so i'll just need a test build to see if everything fits properly.

Now i'm doing the side openings to place the weapons, all I need is the interior, and that is just a box so it should be easy

Attachments

• DSC01574.jpg
    DSC01574.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01576.jpg
    DSC01576.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 67

Tirick

Looking great! That is a very faithful rendition, from what I can see. Wow! I look forward to your release; a B/W one is a great idea; can pop into GIMP, pull the outline up and colour/touchup in another layer.

Awesome work!

Thank you,
Sean

...now I need more Terminators... :D

wlock

One of the reasons I had to redo the track module was the textures i used.
They got too complicated to edit and where resized too much

So i tried a test, on the net found a few logos and picked the color from the box i have for the land raider that I scanned

the result is in the pictures bellow :mrgreen:

Attachments

• textured-track-module.jpg
    textured-track-module.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01584.jpg
    DSC01584.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC01582.jpg
    DSC01582.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01580.jpg
    DSC01580.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01579.jpg
    DSC01579.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01577.jpg
    DSC01577.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 59

Tirick

That looks frakin' sweet!

ARMORMAN: Any chance you have a hi-rez copy of the 'blank' Terminators? Your colored version looks really good, but I find the lines to indistinct in the uncoloured version.

Thanks!
Sean

Kjev

How thick is the cardstock you are using? I was just thinking of the usual 110 lb paper. From what I can see yours looks more like matboard. If that's the case, you've got some seriously good cutting skills!

wlock

i'm using bristol 250 g/m2(110lbs) paper for the main shape and 1mm cardboard for the two layers on top of it.
Bristol paper is rather expensive but really good quality, if you want your models to last then I recomend it.
cutting it is really that not complicated, the parts are pretty big and easy to manipulate

I'll get a few pics next time before assembling the parts

wlock

No, i print it all on the 110lbs sheet and the glue the parts i need to reinforce on the cardboard. The model becomes solid and really not heavy.

If you take a look at the screenshot of papekura in this page you'll see what the final a4 page will look like

Sippy

Is there any way you can use less official plastic appliques? The reason why I have asked is that these add-ons are quite expensive because they are after all Games Workshop products.

You work looks convincing.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
That looks frakin' sweet!

ARMORMAN: Any chance you have a hi-rez copy of the 'blank' Terminators? Your colored version looks really good, but I find the lines to indistinct in the uncoloured version.

Thanks!
Sean

If I can find the original .pdo, I'll post it.

wlock

Is there any way you can use less official plastic appliques? The reason why I have asked is that these add-ons are quite expensive because they are after all Games Workshop products.

You work looks convincing.

Actually those are just to compare with the real thing, i will not be using any pastic parts at all.
the plan is to have full land raider in paper.

You can, however, use pastic parts on the paper model, if i'm not mistaken they even officially accept paper models if you have a certain amount of plastic parts.
If anyone knows more about that rule can you post a reply here?

wlock

A quick update on the progress so far.
I'll be doing a test build soon

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 77

the_spartan_fury

Shadow Striker
that looks brilliant. i recognise the parts you're using as a base: i got the paper model some time ago, but a lot of it made no sense and i had no materials to use. this looks like it will be a lot simpler for me. look forward to final model. would i be able to pm a request for a personal texture when it's done?
a local hobbycraft opened the other week. they should sell all the materials i need, even the straws for the lascannons lol