Want to share a Star Wars models site...

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Want to share a Star Wars models site...
Hey folks,

I have a few young people seeking Star Wars models, one in particular wanted badly the Corvette seen in the beginning of a New Hope. I searched through several pages, looking for him, but each time I thought I had found a model of this corvette the page I was led to was not working.

I found this kit, finally, along with several others:

Star Wars Paper Models

There are limited too directions for it, which is bad for the kids, and its a bit small, but I thought some of you might benefit from getting access to it?I'll keep hunting a larger version but someone might like several of these kits, who's a more experienced builder.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Thanks much! That's the same as the one I have, but I appreciate the suggestion.

One of the challenges in encouraging younger people into the hobby and art form is that there's a limited array of kits with solid instructions. There are kits like Canon, or DWHA:E's, that are well illustrated instruction examples, but many have little to facilitate the build; so even when you get their interest ion a specific build project, the learning curve to "figure it out" is too great.

As has been discussed, paper modeling, as an activity, suffers from "aging out." We may need to address this, both in the promotion of the activity and in making it more accessible.

Toutenkarton

Hi DC,
I have at my disposal 2 models of the Blockade Runner Corellian which are 42 cm or 16,5 inch. I can send them to you. Answer me by clicking on the envelope I started a conversation with you.

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Toutenkarton can I ask you for that model too, please? I have one designed by Slawek if you are interested.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Hi DC,
I have at my disposal 2 models of the Blockade Runner Corellian which are 42 cm or 16,5 inch. I can send them to you. Answer me by clicking on the envelope I started a conversation with you.

Thanks much! I am looking forward to it!

I'l pass it along!