Walz Hardcore Cycles Mille Miglia papermodel

Yeah I here ya on the bias. I've tried meta and a few other free programs and I just haven't had that "eureka" moment with them. It's another language entirely. Sketchup, for me, is alot easier to understand in terms of mechanics. Although I'm still a noob when it comes to designing!

loudog49

Hello All! :wave:

Been a while but I found more time to spend on the model. I added the gas tank, detailed the front wheel, started on the front forks, and added the exhaust pipes.

Lots more to do, but I think I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel (well at least to the unfolding and prototype build steps). :mrgreen:

I even threw in a line-less render, though I couldn't get the lighting as good as I wanted but did the best I could.

Attachments

• front_right_side.jpg
    front_right_side.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 20
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 18
  • side_rear_tilted.jpg
    side_rear_tilted.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 20
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 67
  • rendered.jpg
    rendered.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 18

loudog49

Thanks for the nice comments, everybody :mrgreen:

I will release it someday but its really hard for me to say exactly when at this point.

-LD

loudog49

Small update. Handlebars and hand brake/clutch levers are just about done. I tried to spare no detail. Hopefully its buildable.

-LD

Attachments

• handlebar1.jpg
    handlebar1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 26
  • handlebar2.jpg
    handlebar2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 16

think-floyd

Huge pat on the back Loudog, that's actually one of the coolest things I've seen on Zealot in a long while :)

Usually I'm not a huge fan of custom "chopper" type bikes, but I don't think this one really falls into that category. I think "hardcore" is probably the most fitting word they could have chosen for the bike hehe.

I certainly think it could be "buildable"... difficult to say the least, but possible. I would offer to beta build it for you, but that's one intimidating bike!

loudog49

Lost my hard drive right when I was trying to backup my work wall1 . Luckily I made periodic backups before and only lost a small amount of progress. I had to redo some work though which is mildly frustrating because its hard enough the first time :curse:. Taught me to mirror my data as often as possible.

Anyway, I added the headlight, the front brake calipers, and front fender. I would say that the entire front end is now complete. Now my work will be on finishing the middle section and small finishing details. I will be ready to add the textures soon :mrgreen:.

-LD

Attachments

• right_front.jpg
    right_front.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 18

loudog49

I wish I'd seen more progress on this bike...looks like a project on hold?

Hi Altair, I migrated this thread to different paper model forum during the tumultuous times last year. I'm a little too lazy to update two forums at the same time so I abandoned this thread...until now.

The model is complete and available for download at this link:
http://www.box.net/millemiglia

Cheers!
-LouDog

cdirto

Wow, just found this post. I think I will be visiting that site mentioned above and trying my not so skilled talents on this for my friend who just had to give up his scooter due to a medical problem. I think he might enjoy having something like this around.

Thanks,
CdirtO