vintage bus/truck

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
This model is an old bus mounted on chassis of a Chevrolet truck 40s.

It was a widely used model in South America, produced by the factory chevrolet in Sao Paulo, could still be seen in the early 70s some of them doing the connection between small colonies of immigrants in rural Brazil.

It is an interesting model for those who like a historical collection. On this basis we can also create original trucks, produced in the USA.

Attachments

• ima98ges.jpg
    ima98ges.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 73
  • chevy-raftruck-nmmh-107w-2.jpg
    chevy-raftruck-nmmh-107w-2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 1946-gm-chevrolet-gigante.jpg
    1946-gm-chevrolet-gigante.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 14
  • ima98ges.jpg
    ima98ges.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 16
  • fantasmas do passado.JPG
    fantasmas do passado.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 27

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Incredible work, and as usual, you choose the most interesting subjects. You also document transportation history, that is really cool, and necessary. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I really like these kind of models. They seem like "normal" vehicles, but you never see them modeled. These are the ones I see people look at the most, as it is what they see every day, but it's not every day you get to pick up a van or truck, to get the "feel" for it. :)

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
Yes, these models are a bit forgotten but which I consider beautiful models just for collection, they make reference to another epoch

Attachments

• P1210095 - Cópia.JPG
    P1210095 - Cópia.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 27
  • P1210097 - Cópia.JPG
    P1210097 - Cópia.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 27
  • P1210105 - Cópia.JPG
    P1210105 - Cópia.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 29
  • P1210107 - Cópia.JPG
    P1210107 - Cópia.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 86
  • P1210118 - Cópia.JPG
    P1210118 - Cópia.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • P1210123.JPG
    P1210123.JPG
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 29

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
This chassis will serve perfectly for truck

many of the pieces that I make on paper, could be more realistic if made with other materials, but the modeler who will ride it can always improve kit. It's what pleases more to the modeler

Attachments

• P1210185.JPG
    P1210185.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 25

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
Formerly these vehicles linked some colonies of immigrants in the countryside and it was common relatives take animals to give as gifts. Pigs, chickens and other small animals were transported on the roof, along with the luggage and other materials.
In this model I did a little tribute to my dog who died last year

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets become such great parts of our lives. In 1 and 1/2 =years, my 25 year old car died, her 23 year old daughter, the 9 year old grandkitten, from Pancreas failure, they said she would not live a year, she lived 9, and finally, Jesse, my 16 year old Dalmation. I cried like a baby and swore NO MORE PETS!!!

I now have two Black Cats, (Mom and son, I rescued from a shelter) (Abby and Dio) and I adopted an abused Corgi-Pirahna, he loves me and my family, and cats. He just hates everyone else, until they step into the house, then it's all good. :)

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Great model. I'd love to build one if it becomes available. I'm working on a 1930s-1940s plup novel character diorama for 6 inch action figures. This bus would be a great addition. I'd love to find the original truck as a paper model too.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Well, ECardmodels.com got his claws into models that were once free. RonaldM always gave the models free and charged only for models that had full interiors. Now that Ecardmodels is involved, his website has screwed up. I have contacted him and he has told me he plans to re-do his website, and has no idea why it asks for you email account, then reads "Insufficient Privileges". RonaldoM does not store email accounts, and I trust RonaldoM implicitly. He is having website problems. and just told me get will his house in order. I will say publicly, and I don't give a damned who doesn't like it, but when someone is giving their models away, and their work is hijacked for money, it kills this hobby, as the models will shortly be available on pirate sites, already are, and RonaldoM will get nothing for his models, and they will be available in any event. This was a mistake on his part. Ecardmodels offers no security. you put a model up there for sale, and I can guarantee you I can find it pirated. This website is NOT the Internet Police, and I will not support transition of once free models to models for sale. Ronaldom has stated any models designed by him, and posted in thread builds, he will consider legitimate, and not to worry about it. I personally believe that many of his model have a cash value and his taste in model selection is one of the most interesting of any designer I have ever seen.

So patience is of essence here. Send P.M.'s to Ronaldm, demonstrating the admiration of his work would help too. He is a fantastic designer, and a man of the kind of quality you would wish to know.

I like RonaldoM a lot, his work, his intention to. All he has offered I don't like seeing anyone duped:cool: though. This is my opinion and if you are of an opposing opinion, put a cork in it and don't bother posting it, as I will delete it, and you too. Patience is required here. Please, send RonaldM P.M.'s those of you who enjoy his work. His is a fixture in the world of Paper Modeling.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@RonaldoM I really like this "vintage" bus. It looks like a really fun build. I would love to try my hand at this model!
Thank you for sharing the build! You did a GREAT JOB!!!

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
Of course you're right, Zathros. Anything placed on the web will soon be pirated, if there is interest in it. It was the web that nearly ended the music industry. If they failed to protect their jobs! ... What we (poor and helpless mortals) could do? So the question is: to share or not share .. this is the question. We always lose something, isn't it?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You work is a cornerstone in this Hobby. Your models will be out on the Internet as long as there is an internet. I hope you know that your work is built by many people around the world, they may not tell you, but know it's true, people of all races, the world. You offer much!

I would like to create a sub-section for your work exclusively, if you would let me. This thread is a now a Sticky". ;)