Update on my wife Deb

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
well, day 3 and 3rd treatment. she is getting a little sick from it but now has 2 days off. by they way the doc's talk their gonna keep her all next week too. i'm glad that they are trying that because if she came home i know for sure she'd do all she could NOT to go back. we are a'' hoping for the best that this will help in the long run. again, thanks for all the prayers and thoughts

35 years ago, they told my sister she had a year before her heart and lungs would give out from PPH (Primary Pulmonary Hypertension), she's not doing fantastic, but she is doing well. She is an advocate in that field and has testified in front of Congress seeking aid for more research. This is the disease that people got when the government fast tracked the diet pill "Phen-Pheon". My sister was born for it. She is one of the longest living people with this disease. We're still praying for you both. :)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Mark,

Know that we wish the bet for both of you.

Words fail to convey my understanding and support. I can only hope peace in this time of challenge.

Slainte,

The DC

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
35 years ago, they told my sister she had a year before her heart and lungs would give out from PPH (Primary Pulmonary Hypertension), she's not doing fantastic, but she is doing well. She is an advocate in that field and has testified in front of Congress seeking aid for more research. This is the disease that people got when the government fast tracked the diet pill "Phen-Pheon". My sister was born for it. She is one of the longest living people with this disease. We're still praying for you both. :)
i am glad to hear that she is doing well. deb is a fighter too, its just gonna be a bit till she gets going again.i just got to make her MAD at me enough for her to come home and start "kicking mt arse"..:laughrolling::hammerhead: and she will when she see's on how much i made a mess of the place...lol

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
As "The DC" said, "Words fail to convey my understanding and support.". You know we're rooting for you guys. :)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
thanks again to all and Deb sends thank you also. i told her on how i've let people know whats going on and she is speech less to the out pouring from all.
again, thanks and i'll keep you all informed on everything.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I'm happy she knows we praying for her and you. ;)

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Hey Lyter1958,

I've just come across this thread and wanted to send my best wishes to you both. I can sympathise fully with how you feel as I have been through similar with my son. Although he has a vastly different condition, some of the treatments are the same.

I cannot say anything that the other wonderful people on here haven't already. Just know that we are all here for you and we are all hoping for the best and sending our love/prayers/wishes in your direction.

All the best.
:)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
hi all, as of Friday , Deb has had 8 treatments. she will have 2 more this week and that is it. we'll have to wait a little while and she'll have another scan done to see if it has helped or not. in the mean time she'll be moved to a rehab place closer to home for a bit. then home. deb still feels that its all for nothing but we all keep telling her its going to work out. i keep trying to keep her spirits up and reminding her that we all went her home. and that our "granddogger" ( she is a Basset hound) Sadie keeps looking for her every time i bring her down for treats. so that's whats happening so for , again thanks for the well wishes and all and i will keep passing them on to her.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds like she is on the road to recovery!
I am glad to hear it! Both you and her (and the rest of your family) are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Ride the wave. Day by day, minute by minute. You are Den are in our thoughts and prayers. ;)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
hi all. have a new update on my wife deb. last tuesday was her last rad treatment. that was a total of 10. she still complained of pain and sickness. they had started to wean her down on the pain meds so she could be coming home. monday she told her doctor that she still hurt and being sick. he had her go for another ct scan on tuesday and gave her the results that night. the ducts are returning to normal size and the tumor HAS SHRUNK in size a little. all good news so far. yesterday she was transferred to the hospital that is closer to where we live. she should be home in a week or so. all in all its good news here. she goes for a rescan in may to see on how things look then. i wanted to let you all know and to say thanks for all the prayers and healing thoughts sent her way
mark

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That's good news. I hope she's as comfortable as can be, and her spirits are high. Tell her we are all rooting for her. ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
i did tell her tonight and she said to tell you all " thank you very much"

Lyter,

Sorry I'm a bit late to everything that you and your wife are going through. Will pray for you and your family. Hope that the growth will continue to go down.

Recommend that you check out something called pancratistatin, Alkaloids have been known for sometime now in dealing with some types of cancer (note not all).

I found out about this when I was doing some patent work on something else stent related for a major stent manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Sky Seeker

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
Lyter,

Sorry I'm a bit late to everything that you and your wife are going through. Will pray for you and your family. Hope that the growth will continue to go down.

Recommend that you check out something called pancratistatin, Alkaloids have been known for sometime now in dealing with some types of cancer (note not all).

I found out about this when I was doing some patent work on something else stent related for a major stent manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Sky Seeker
thanks for the tip..though her to try any new meds is a chore. she is so afraid of "bad" side effects. and thanks for the prayers..

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
New meds can be scary, but they are usually for a short while. You read for the real bad "Contrindications" and if they start to manifest, you call your doctor immediately. SSome of these meds you can't just stop taking, some you have to. Only your doctor will know for sure. I am sure you know all of this. Praying for her right now. ;)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
hi all, new update.. deb was going to be coming home this friday, but with the virus going around it's been moved to tuesday now. i just had a call from her tonight and she found out that there are 2 confirmed cases in the hospital where she's at. so i expect a early phone call to come and get her out of there right away.. she is doinf somewhat better but the taper down of her meds are going to have to be finished here at home. everyone stay safe out there and take it easy..any other news comes up i'll be sure to let you all know.
mark