Unfinished projects

Glen Haasdyk

About this time of year I make a list of projects that I've started but haven't finished. I a quick (15 minute) assesment I came up with 16 projects:

1) Central Valley Stock car - Decal and weather
2) MDC Shay rebuild
3) DPM M.T. Arms Hotel - Interior and finishing work
4) Repaint athearn RPO - I damaged a door so I have to fill, sand and touch up the paint
5) Finish a Juneco Craftsman Kit of a CNR Express reefer
6) Finish My sawmill- roof, machinery and surounding scenery
7) P2K SD-9 Assemble, paint decal
8) Add doors to my engine house
9) scratchbuilt Piledriver project
10) Scratchbuilt Cabbose project
11) Airbrush booth
12) Woodland Scenics Doctor's office. Paint assemble
13) Reassemble the tender for my 4-6-0 steamer
14) Finishe City Classics Grocery Store - Roof
15) Wire in my turntable motor
16) Solder and repair my HOn3 trackwork - This is more of a project in progress since I need to re-lay some track and also aquire some more track to do it.

I'd like to finish a number of these before opening anything else. I probably have a dozen projects of the shelf or drawing pages that I haven't started yet.

spitfire

Glen, you're a brave man! If I tried to make a list of all my unfinished projects, not only would it be utterly depressing, but it would also take so much time that I might never finish any one of them! sign1

Val

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Glen, you're a brave man! If I tried to make a list of all my unfinished projects, not only would it be utterly depressing, but it would also take so much time that I might never finish any one of them! sign1

Val

sign1sign1sign1sign1 Im going to have to side with Val on this one, I have WAY too many projects right now :eek: :mrgreen:

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
I don't know what any of you are talking about. As far as I'm concerned they are not unfinished, just right on schedule towards their completion dates. :grin:

Glen Haasdyk

A number of the projects are 'one-evening' jobs so that will give me a chance to shorten the list quickly. I also have 2 weeks off at Christmas and when my Wife is working it's just the cat and me and that gives me plenty of time for some modeling projects.
One other project I might try to do over the vacation time is a winter hike into the Myra Canyon to see the trestles in the snow.

nkp174

Well...the wife just opened up a new front for me...she gave me an assortment of DSP&P detail parts for my birthday today.

I have:
(On3 stuff...)
1) Build brake details, QPs, trussrods, and a roof for my pay car.
2) My 26' dsp&p built flat car needs truss rods, brake details, lead weights, stake pockets, trucks, and a deck (which won't be until I get some 1/32" thick lead sheets)
3) My 27' UP built coal car is in the same state as the flat car...except that it does have QPs and needs the 11 remaining (of 12) side/end boards cut
4) My 27' UP built boxcar needs a roof walk, door hardware, truss rods, brakes, trucks, and paint.
5) My 26' B&S built boxcar needs a second coat of paint and brake parts.
6) My South Park mogul needs re-powered (currently it is in as-built condition from Balboa)...and re-painted/decaled...I'm also going to fix a few of the many mistakes the Japanese brass smiths made.
7) My Grandt Line caboose needs the cupola completed & installed...as well as an interior.
8) My Grandt Line stock car needs lettered.
9) Several of my dad's cars need paint/lettering
10) nearly every car needs to be re-wheeled with NWSL wheels
11) I need to build the semi-permanent benchwork for under the layout...so it isn't sitting on the floor anymore.
12) Create a more permanent wiring system and scenic the modules.

HO projects:
1) re-power & re-letter NKP hudson 176.
2) re-power, add elephant ears, and renumber NKP 177 (2nd 177) to 175
3) re-power NKP 177 (1st 177)
4) find my missing notebook with the plans necessary to complete NKP caboose #141 (I made the drawings in person and captured 100s of pictures).