UHU02 Creature from Warning from Space

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today I found out that @uhu02 has started a new project. According to Google translator it is called "Compiler people", a star-shaped costume from an old Japanese Science Fiction TV show. Here are some build pics straight from the blog of the master:

151379083_016.jpg

a02.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Gosh, I remember that movie!! :)

From IMDB:

Warning From Space (1956) You’ll rarely see a movie as crazy as this one. Man-sized aliens shaped liked starfish are trying to warn Earthlings about something. But, earth people always run like the dickens when they see these wacked looking Starfish-from-Space (The gigantic eye dead-center in this costume doesn’t help much) The starfish guys use scientific means to make one of them appear like a human being- a duplicate of a popular dance Tokyo hall actress. It seems that there is a runaway planet about to collide with Earth, and the starfish planet, so the scientists from both planets have to band together and figure out a way to blast the demon star. Everything is here- sneering Yakuza are out to kidnap the scientists, a bizarre cowboy-and-geisha musical number figures into the plot and the fate of the world seems to be decided in an elementary school. You’ll definitely be going “What the holy …..?!” with this movie, but boy, will you have a blast doing so!

It actually was a fun movie, and the Star People were good, taking a big chance coming here. Our first line of defense: Poke 'em in the eye! :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for correcting the info, Z! :)

The build continues:

23_2.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Hungry compiler people need some "food":

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

... Reminds me of a small blue Sumo ringer... :D ;)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And a sneak peak at the things to come:

09.jpg

Apparently it needs some Jedi skills to defeat the overpowering army of Starfishs from outer Space..! :)

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
That's a really nice build of a really STRANGE subject. You get the Humdinger Build of the Week award from me! ;)

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Gosh, I remember that movie!! :)

From IMDB:

Warning From Space (1956) You’ll rarely see a movie as crazy as this one. Man-sized aliens shaped liked starfish are trying to warn Earthlings about something. But, earth people always run like the dickens when they see these wacked looking Starfish-from-Space (The gigantic eye dead-center in this costume doesn’t help much) The starfish guys use scientific means to make one of them appear like a human being- a duplicate of a popular dance Tokyo hall actress. It seems that there is a runaway planet about to collide with Earth, and the starfish planet, so the scientists from both planets have to band together and figure out a way to blast the demon star. Everything is here- sneering Yakuza are out to kidnap the scientists, a bizarre cowboy-and-geisha musical number figures into the plot and the fate of the world seems to be decided in an elementary school. You’ll definitely be going “What the holy …..?!” with this movie, but boy, will you have a blast doing so!

It actually was a fun movie, and the Star People were good, taking a big chance coming here. Our first line of defense: Poke 'em in the eye! :)

You got that right about the movie! I saw it about a year ago (my wife bought me a DVD collection of vintage Sci-Fi movies) and this one is super cheese, but fun.

I appreciate that Master Uhu has tackled one of the aliens as a model subject, GREAT work! I definite must have to add to the collection! Get it while it's hot.

Best Regards,