Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This model was a free give away from the company. That's why I posted it (had to remove a virus first). I did not build it, but it is a super model. The vehicle is even more amazing.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Seeing one of these things on the move gives a better idea of what it is. The only place it can't go is on a tarred road. ;)

Reactions: Mark Crowel

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Impressive videos. Also, even though it's Russian, it has just the right colors for the US Postal Service. "Neither rain, nor snow...shall stay this vehicle from making its appointed rounds."

I didn't notice that. It would be fun to repaint one with U.S. Postal Service lettering and symbols. ;)

Reactions: Mark Crowel

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It was originally produced/designed by Antonov, then Tupolev took over the production during the post Soviet shakeup I followed these closely back in the late '70's. There are many versions of this craft, some are huge!

You are right though, it is Tupolev now, so I will change the names accordingly. Thanks.:)

t.l.williamsjr

Feb 8, 2004
It was originally produced/designed by Antonov, then Tupolev took over the production during the post Soviet shakeup I followed these closely back in the late '70's. There are many versions of this craft, some are huge!

You are right though, it is Tupolev now, so I will change the names accordingly. Thanks.:)
No biggie, just pullin' your chain. I figured that there was a reason you named it AHTONOb. Keep on cutting and gluing.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My Rusian sucks, but I do remember when this came out, I was working at Sikorsky Aircraft, and it was in a magazine someone had there. They lamented how it was not available here. I think Antonov only handles really big stuff now. ;)

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
Ya nyeh puhneemayoo rooski, y ya nyeh gahvareet rooski, but I know a few phrases, such as ya gahladyen, which means "I'm hungry". I think it's the first Russian phrase I learned.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I used to know a couple basic questions, and thier expected answers, but 30 years and not using them, I've forgotten them all.