Trainee Viper technician

GingerSteve

Hello! I joined this group because of a Facebook post by Christopher Tucker, who showed the really amazing Colonial Viper he had made, from Battlestar Galactica. It really looks the business! I intend to try my hand at making one myself, when my broken wrist has healed!
My previous experience in scratch build models in card is limited to a railway tunnel through a mountain I built for my son's model railway. I designed the brickwork, tunnel aperture etc. on the mac and printed them off on good quality card. I finished it off with acryllic paint, to add soot etc.
The Viper will be a step up in technical skill necessary, but I won't need to design from scratch. I just have the model's creator's high standard to attempt to come near to, no easy thing! I've always loved Battlestar Galactica and the model Christopher made looks brilliant!
Look forward to showing my attempt, if it's worthy of show! All the best, Steve.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Welcome aboard! You have come to the right place, Christopher Tucker (known here as Rhaven Blaack) is or adminstrator, and head muckity muck, and chief test builder for designer extraordinaire Revell_Fan, who designed that Mk I Viper.
I have built that model as well, and it is a tough cookie, but very nice.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Steve,

Welcome to Zealot!

You have indeed come to the right place for all things paper (and other mediums, to include plastic). So, I hope that will help you feel more at home here.

I am glad to see you here. Yes, I am the one who built that Viper. Here is the link to the build thread:
I found the model to be a very enjoyable build. Just to let you know, there are other variations in the works.

If you have any questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

When you are building new projects, I would like to encourage you to post build threads. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as highlight problems areas that you may have issues with or have come up with a solution for said problems.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you feel at home and enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot!

I'm the Galactica and Buck Rogers guy. ;)

Sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope that it heals soon without any side effects. In the meantime you may take a look around and enjoy the great work of the awesome people here. And there are some other things in the works which may be ready in time for you to build, too. ;)

The train tunnel project sounds like much fun. I'd love to see some pictures of it. Feel free to post them here. :)

Take care and have fun and enjoy!

Marcell

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot. If you can fabricate scenery for railway models, you will be able to make models. Just using a different "mind's eye" model to make. Welcome to Zealot. Chris is highly regarded here. We are happy to have you aboard. ;)

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Welcome here chris you find lots of models here.
Hope you can share your pic's when you are building.