To be somewhat Enterprising....

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
One sign of a good modeler, the wiring is bigger than the details, and it can still be hidden.
Great work.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
So due to some wiring issues (and lots of swearing) complicated by my girlfriend moving out...

Don't worry, we're still together, long, complicated story.

I had to rebuild the entire circuit. This probably was a blessing is disguise since the alignment of the internal support with warp pylons is crucial and needs to be done first.

So, here's the rear of the hull completed

IMG_20220321_172315.jpg

And the view into the hangar

IMG_20220321_172327.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You can use much thinner gauge wiring, which would allow you to make twisted pairs or more, and in effect make a harness. Very little current is needed to turn on the LEDs. Coming along nicely.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You could use a single edged razor blade to cut down the cardboard flashing. This stuff has to be fit first before being glued, If you tried making one of these models, with the intent of painting it, and adding the panel lines manually, it would be a large task, but then you could use filler, and make a perfect hull. The lines would not be as hard as you think they would be. You could use Blue Masking tape, which would not affect the paint, and that would be your edge for making the panel lines. I wide piece of paper, maybe 110 lb. cardstock around the formers would really help in getting rid of the skeleton effect that comes from having such a robust (wide, thick) frame, but not beveling the edges, which causes them to stick out if you use thinner paper when skinning the model. You can still save this and quite nicely, which I'm sure you will do. Each one is coming out vastly improved from the prior one.

That is great progress. :)