Titanfall

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I imagine that will happen relatively soon. :)

RocketmanTan

Oh god, I REALLY like the concept of the game...kinda wish it had a single-player option for it, however. I mean...I don't want to wait all the time for friends to online at the same time as me in order to play the game. That said, I would definitely love to try my hand at it, but I feel like I'd have to play the game first to really get a handle on it (not to mention that it'll only increase my urge to play the game...)

I'll probably just wait for someone to do Titanfall models....or that wicked-cool K'nex set coming out this fall. :D

Vortex_4200

I saw these pictures on line... 1:1 scale!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 193

goodduck

I like the game a lot but only missing single player. The art of book is really good to, wroth buying.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Hey Brother, nice to see you here Allen! There's no single player in this game, that really stinks, and is one game I can scratch off the list! :)

goodduck

I'm here looking around all the time just forgot to log in most of the time.

Front- Right Side.JPG Back - Right.JPG Back - Right.JPG Regarding the Titian. A little google search and hey, some Titian fan built a 3d model and looks really close to the original.

Marman

This thing is beautiful! Wow! As for the game, I like it as well, and agree with you that it was a mistake on their part not to include a campaign mode or allow for private matches.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That is an incredible Render! Fantastic. I don't think that would be too hard to turn into a model, if I could get my hands of the 3D file. I know you, Allen(really Goodduck!), could bang it out. :)

goodduck

well.... no. i don't have that much patience and I'm working on something at the moment anyway. you bang it out.

Well..... Those pictures come from Thingverse. Which is a site devoted to Thingmaker (a 3d printer) Those files are exported in IGS (Iges) file format as well as STL files. These are standard 3d formats, though the files are huge. It would need to be redone to make a good paper model.

I attached an image from the Cube 3d printer's software, as it easily opens this stuff. 3ds Max threw up when I tried to open it with it.

All the files for this are here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:300697/#files

Edit: No special stuff opens them real quick in max.... the main body has about 410000 polygons... which is pretty stout. That would not be a good paper model. Aside from that, this thing is very curvy, Also a no no when doing paper models.

Attachments

• chassis.jpg
    chassis.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30

goodduck

I did some looking when I found the pic. I do have the file and it is heavy! It is nice to look at but no way I want try to use it for paper model. But anyway, I found out how to extract model from game after couple weeks of reading form fan sites. I extracted all the Titian models, weapons and everything w/o textures and just sitting around in my harddrive waiting for me to convert them fo paper model. Actually, can't really just go "convert" them, one can only use the extracted models as reference to build whole new model from ground up for paper model. But at least the game model files are easy to handle and 100% accurate. I was extract happy and extracted models from TF2 Robots too and already done with the rough "rebuild " on the Heavy and the minigun. Right now I am just so tired I need a break.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
If you use the the "Extract Wireframe", select weld facet edges, you can get most of the surfaces reading to be "Rhino-ized', Also, I would like to introduce you to "Beroc Lord of Destruction", he's really great with 3DS Max. Allen, Beroc, Beroc, Allen! :)

Between the three of us, there is much knowledge here! Beroc, I rarely introduce Allen to anyone. He is a gifted artist, as you are. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I extratred the wire frame from just the hand of the Titanfall mesh you referred me too. I think it would be quite a job to make into a model. No impossible, but quite a job!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
WOW! I'd love to see this turned into a model! I agree, Beroc could be THE man when it comes to a beast like this! ;) It wouldn't be imposible; I would use the original mesh as a basis and translate it into a more papercrafting-friendly geometry (load it to get the measurements and proportions and draw a simpler model for unfolding). :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Nice work, wish I had that kind of talent...

X2 on that. It takes persistence, lack of pride, so when people tell you that you are not doing it right, you learn how to, and don't take it as an insult. It also takes some cash laid out. If you have a kid, you can get Rhino 3D 5.0 for $199 (normally $1000). That is a deal, and I will help anyone with Rhino is they ask. You need a good computer too, not an "O.K." one, at least a 3.6per core quad core, 8 Gigs of Ram, and 1 G of Video Ram, unless you have a lot of time on your hands. :)