Tie fighter question

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
lol me with my questions again
hey all, hope everyone is recovered from new year and is having fun with new projects. Im currently sorting through my kits/build lists, and was wondering about the tie fighter (i think i have the UHU version) i know about the tie interceptor kit, and that one has an interior (i believe?) is it possible to transplant that cockpit (or a cockpit) to make a tie with a full interior? most star wars ships/tie fighter versions ive seen dont have interiors and i wasnt sure if they were transplantable - are they generally the same scale? (ie if i wanted to build an xwing, could i transplant a cockpit from a different kit) - i get that kits would generally have to be the same scale to swap/add parts but thought id pose the question lol

thanks for now
Az :toast:

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I have avery easy answer for you.
There is...

My album

And the template.

Curently Im working to update the UHU Tie Interceptor. That means I will update the fighter as well. But that would be over a couple of months.

Also Revell Fan build a Tie Fighter with interior.

All the parts needed are in the resource sevtion.

Last edited:

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
I have avery easy answer for you.
There is...

My album

And the template.

Curently Im working to update the UHU Tie Interceptor. That means I will update the fighter as well. But that would be over a couple of months.

Also Revell Fan build a Tie Fighter with interior.

All the parts needed are in the resource sevtion.
just thought of this - would RF's interior need rescaling for the UHU sphere?

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Thanks Ender that a funny looking fighter I will keep it in mind. Maybe I will use it for a Tie model without yoda's interior.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
just thought of this - would RF's interior need rescaling for the UHU sphere?
No, you don't need my interior add-on for that because it is already part of UHU's design.

What I did was major revamp of Shunichi's TIE model to install the cockpit from the UHU TIE into it.

So if you want to build the UHU TIE Interceptor just print it as is because it comes with everything. If you want to build Shunichi's TIE Fighter with interior print Shunichi's TIE and the cockpit add-on available in the Resources. And if you want to go all out print one of mijob's TIEs which come with everything. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: seraphim

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Now Im curious what you are going to build?
ive been trying to source various tie designs from the web, i do like the classic tie fighter, but there are now quite a few other types about. My thing tends to be going for those ships that are a bit different to what is commonly done, so i end up trawling around for ages before i decide. So far ive narrowed it a bit: Royal Guard interceptor, tie defender, striker or vaders advanced version. Im also looking for versions that have different markings etc. (Basically the ships that are more exotic/colourful etc) lol

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
No, you don't need my interior add-on for that because it is already part of UHU's design.

What I did was major revamp of Shunichi's TIE model to install the cockpit from the UHU TIE into it.

So if you want to build the UHU TIE Interceptor just print it as is because it comes with everything. If you want to build Shunichi's TIE Fighter with interior print Shunichi's TIE and the cockpit add-on available in the Resources. And if you want to go all out print one of mijob's TIEs which come with everything. :)
Yep I think its going to be...err...hmm...one that i can use uhu's cockpit in lol, but ive not quite made up my mind yet, i like those ships that tend to be a bit different to the mainstay most do lol

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
ive been trying to source various tie designs from the web, i do like the classic tie fighter, but there are now quite a few other types about. My thing tends to be going for those ships that are a bit different to what is commonly done, so i end up trawling around for ages before i decide. So far ive narrowed it a bit: Royal Guard interceptor, tie defender, striker or vaders advanced version. Im also looking for versions that have different markings etc. (Basically the ships that are more exotic/colourful etc) lol
As mentiond I'm working on UHU's template

If you want to design your own Tie variants please let me know maybe we can do things together. The list of Tie variants is long. And the defender is on my list as well.

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
As mentiond I'm working on UHU's template

If you want to design your own Tie variants please let me know maybe we can do things together. The list of Tie variants is long. And the defender is on my list as well.
you guys are great, not only do you design but happily collaborate as well - not many in the creative community are so easy going lol. I know of 'most' of the variants but im sure there are many more out there, never thought of designing my own to be honest lol - my main drawback is that ive always been a traditional artist ie pen and pad type and am only recently starting into software (due to my long term health problems) so id be more than happy to collaborate with you but you might have to give me direction when it comes to software etc - im certainly happy to sketch up some ideas though :biggrin:

Reactions: mijob