Thunderbirds are go, er well, sort of....

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
And now the photo shoot!

View attachment 162611 View attachment 162612 View attachment 162613 View attachment 162614 View attachment 162615

Do need to sort out the glue "splat" or was it a really big, big bird? ;)

View attachment 162618

View attachment 162618

View attachment 162619
View attachment 162620 View attachment 162621 View attachment 162622 And here's an indication of the actual sizes of the small guys :) calibrations are in cm :)

View attachment 162623

And, so closes the Thunderbird project, it's been, challenging, (the small guys really took patience and several attempts!). Thank you all for the likes, suggestions and lovely comments! I promised the wife I'd take a break after finishing this. The break started on the 28th December, got some other (non-model) projects to do around the house.

I'll still be around the forum, just not building for a bit :)

But in the words of the most famous Austrian actor;

"I'll be Back."

Cybergrinder,

Found another Gerry Anderson project you might be interested in called "Space Precinct".

precinct7.jpg

r06003.jpg

seek1.jpg

r21004.jpg

The models on the show of course were extremely well done with high quality.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, I never heard of that one. Going to have to scour YouTube for any clips. :)

subnuke

Banned
I thought it was pretty bad on most all levels. I could try to remember all that was bad or just say it was bad.

On the other hand, amazon prime has Thunderbirds are Go, the new one. In my professional, humble opinion it is excellent. I only wish I could get it on disk so it's mine. I like my disks. Disks like UFO ( my pressscious). I don't care what they show of it, I got mine, hee heee.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Wow, I never heard of that one. Going to have to scour YouTube for any clips. :)

I thought it was pretty bad on most all levels. I could try to remember all that was bad or just say it was bad.

It varies. Some of the show was meant for kids some for adults. It's was nice to see a tv family that actually cares for each other unlike most of today's stuff. Regardless they only used practical effects. The flying models were on wires. The explosions were real explosions with the models. Neat stuff.

- episode 10

Enjoy!

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
And now the engine

IMG_20210720_182256.jpg

And I got carried away with the build and forgot to take pictures again....

IMG_20210720_203207.jpg

As you can see I built and attached the tail wing. Engines attached though

Next the legs. Last time I built TB 2 the legs were a tad unstable, here's why

IMG_20210721_152754.jpg

The legs are thin paper tubes and don't support the weight or stand straight enough. My solution;

IMG_20210721_172210.jpg

A toothpick trimmed down to slide inside (careful trimming required!) and extended to fit inside the body and glue to the internal support

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
And now the engine

View attachment 195469

And I got carried away with the build and forgot to take pictures again....

View attachment 195470

As you can see I built and attached the tail wing. Engines attached though

Next the legs. Last time I built TB 2 the legs were a tad unstable, here's why

View attachment 195471

The legs are thin paper tubes and don't support the weight or stand straight enough. My solution;

View attachment 195472

A toothpick trimmed down to slide inside (careful trimming required!) and extended to fit inside the body and glue to the internal support

Like your work! TB2 was one of my favorites of the series.

Have a great day!

Sky Seeker