This is for any kind of aircraft ( it can look like a Starship!) that glides.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Use whatever materials you wish. The intent is to have fun, share ideas and technique, and too have fun. Time to see these babies flying!! Ground effect aircraft also encouraged. There are a couple in the downloads section I designed a long time ago that really fly in ground effect. You know that when you see them go very very slow, but are still several inches floating above the ground.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I really think that if the C.G. was calculated properly, it would fly like a lifting body aircraft!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, we could also print the image of a Thunderfighter on a frisbee... :D

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
I fooled around with this tonight an made a cereal box cardboard glider, the actual glider is an embarrassmentklingon-vorcha.jpg , but it does soar very well for a long distance.

freddyman

well, i know next to jack didly squat about starwars or star trek or whatever aircraft that thing came from, but whats been eating at my head is if anyone would be able to make a flying F/A-37 talon. thats a real challange right there. one that i might tackle

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
yes there is a guy from Thailand made a whole squadron of flying paper jets and the talon was on of them. I don't know who it was over a year ago, keep searching I have yet to dig out mine and build it.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I have made many rocket gliders, it's the best way to get them back!! You just make the rocket "Pop" off when it's done burning by not having a retaining clip, the blast to shoot out the parachute will eject the engine without affecting the aircraft, as long as you put it in there a wee bit loose, and again, no retaining clip! :)