This idea has some serious holes in it.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I see a paper modeling group on facebook, but no holes. What do you mean? The airplane on the front page? If you do, then yes, that is cool! ;)

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
I meant the method they used to join pieces. They used a hole punch on card stock, then used the circles to join pieces.

Give me a break. I just woke up when I posted that and that’s the best pun I could think of.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I saw that post as well, at about 1AM PST.... Looks like it could work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This link requires approval to see. Please don't post links like that. You could always take a screen shot of the pic and upload it as a .jpeg. I just signed in and could not see the picture either. I hate Facebook or whatever they're calling themselves now. I just lost 4 minutes of my life I'll never gt back. :sadno:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
These are usually done and called joining strips. They have the great advantage of keeping the pieces to be joined on the same plane, and you end up with a great mating of surfaces. I usually cut out pieces to fit the exact shape I need. This is quick and clean though and great for cylinders, and many other surfaces that need to be joined. It's 100% better than tabs, which make for really bad connections, unless you bend them far in and use a lot of glue. This method allows dry fitting, and seeing how the connection will look after glued. Great idea! :)

Thanks DJPinter for taking the time to put the pictures here. :)