Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truespace easy to get going?

my first intro into 3D modelling was Truespace. It took a while but I found it pretty easy to get going.

Then you're a genius my friend. I downloaded and install 3.2 just for the sake of experimenting and trying something new. I found a tutorial, got as far as insert a cube, click the scale tool, then couldn't find a way to make anything happen. I can click the Edit Point menu, select a point, then can't do a darn thing with it. I try clicking a dragging, right-clicking, left-clicking, holding my head sideways and clicking, muttering incantations ;) and clickin and draggin, and nothin happens.

How anybody ever got anywhere with the program is beyond me.

Steve

i thought id give you guys an idea as to why its taking me so long to finish the mining ship.

ms 002.jpg
ms 001.jpg

and here i finished the landing claws..a rotten job but the thumbs kept getting in the way.

ms 003.jpg

Then you're a genius my friend. I downloaded and install 3.2 just for the sake of experimenting and trying something new. I found a tutorial, got as far as insert a cube, click the scale tool, then couldn't find a way to make anything happen. I can click the Edit Point menu, select a point, then can't do a darn thing with it. I try clicking a dragging, right-clicking, left-clicking, holding my head sideways and clicking, muttering incantations ;) and clickin and draggin, and nothin happens.

How anybody ever got anywhere with the program is beyond me.

Steve

Really? I'm surprised. The first version I tired was version 2. It was free on a CDROM that came with a magazine. I had no tutorials, just playing with it. Making a tank, then a jet and so on. They weren't very good but they got me going. Then I got 3.2 which is very similar, the interface is pretty much exactly the same as ver2. It suits my needs and I guess I'm stuck in my ways now to change to anything else.

Nothing, you sir are a glutton for punishment! I know you like smaller models and need to have them because of space, but, I'm surprised you don't have constant eye strain! LOL!

Looks great though, you're doing a great job. As usual. :)

As for getting Pep into PaintShop Pro? I use the PDF driver to print the high res pages into a PDF as I showed you before. Then open the PDF and use the Snapshot/copy to clipboard function to get the image into PaintShop by pasting the copied image as a new image in PaintShop.

Then texture it as needed. That's what I did with the bridge models I did. They were all completely textured post unfold. My Sulaco, will be done the same way.

Hope that helps. :)

i have photo shop elements.cant afford pro.when i do the snapshot thing i lose all resolution.i did stumble on exporting pepakura as a bmp for texture. get a nice high res parts layout ready for texture.

That's another way with version 2 if you have the full program. Otherwise you get "SAMPLE" printed all over each page!

I use PaintShopPro8, not Photoshop. I know Photoshop uis superior but I can't afford that.

For those who are going to do a newer version of the Galactica.
And for some good detail images from the Refineryship.
Go and have a look here.

Paul Ghezzo

Welcome to PGCG.net

This site contains the professional work of Paul P. Ghezzo. Including 3D graphics, models, animation, compositing, and concept designs. Please take a couple of minutes and view my portfolio, demo-reel, and resume.

- Thank you.

Just scroll down and get amazed.

Thats going quite alright.:thumb:
Normally Tuesday evening my wife has painting class, I work on that (except last evening)

I was more afraid you would ask about the 3d and the Berzerk.
That modeling is more difficult than i thought, it's not putting all the jpg's of the ship together like a box and connect points.
Thats the way I should do it in AutoCAD. But the 3D programs don't read a jpg file.
But I'll figer that one out.wall1

Glad it's going well. :)

Yeah, designing can be tricky. Especially if you're new to it. I still learn something new each time I design something.

That link you posted was great!

platform ship

the small version of the platform ship should be up as soon as approved. i still have to number the large one. i dont know if ill redo the instructions.you should be able to figure it out with the small one.

I think the small Liner is meant to be 30cm long? 12" but I could be mistaken, that was SJ's baby.

I'll grab the big versions when I'm over my dads place next. Probably the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.