The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderChild

Ok, I think everyone will agree that we need one of these: A showcase of models designed by Uhu02 and built by the rest of us.

As a designer myself I can safely say that the best compliment is to see others build your model and enjoy it, so, to say thanks to Uhu02 for the amazing models he provides us for free, let's see those pics!

Ill start the ball rolling! My build of Uhu02 and Makino's Enterprise, and a little edited pic!

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Enterprise.jpg
    Enterprise.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 235
E

ekuth

THAT is a brilliant idea!

Let's see those builds, people!

Last edited by a moderator:

mysteroid

Arggh!

I just printed Uhu02's Discovery, EVA Pod and Enterprise. Planning on building them when we visit home in June.

Hopefully I'll finish and be able to get some pics up!

Steve

I've all three as well and can't wait to build them. UHU has boldly gone where few designers has gone before( pardon the punn ). His designs blow you out of the water. I also have the refitted E which is also as awesome. Thanks for bringing a smile to so many.

Adama

cp1963

I am working on his time machine. I know that I cannot do his designs justice, but maybe I can post my first pics, just don't laugh. It may a little while to finish, as I am going to nursing school, but I am working on it.

RocketmanTan

I've seen Uhu02's models everywhere, and I see that he's pretty much a sci-fi paper model guru! Unfortunately, I'm actually afraid of building his models (I might mess up or sweat all over it [I have hyperhidrosis]). One day, when I find the courage, I just might build one of them (maybe the Enterprise?). Anyways, Keep up the good work, Uhu!!!
--Bryan "Opposite over Adjacent" Tan

uglyguy9

here's mine.....i have added "coils" and front "rail support" since this pic was taken
love UHU's work.....thanks mate :wave:

oh...i was watching "Big Bang Theory" the other night and Leonard purchased the actual time machine.
when he got in it and pretended to use it the other 3 guys ran around in fast motion (like the movie).
i laughed so hard my arse actually fell off!

Attachments

• IMGP0415.jpg
    IMGP0415.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMGP0427.JPG
    IMGP0427.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 199
E

ekuth

VERY nice! Good clean build. Frankly, I've been a little intimidated by that one...

Keep them coming, people!

Last edited by a moderator:

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Here is the only one of his designs I have built so far (emphasis on the so far).

Attachments

• samaritan1.jpg
    samaritan1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 157
  • samaritan2.jpg
    samaritan2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 147

ThunderChild

Uglyguy9, that time machine doesn't even look like paper! Good job!
Sidewinder, that may be the first pic of that model showing the true size of that beast! Great clean build. I love it!

Thanks for sharing guys!
Thanks for doing the sticky-thing Ekuth, I hadn't even thought of that. Good idea.

This thread is now finally beginning to look the way I hoped it would. Now if someone could post their builds of the valley forge...
... and the others... ;)
Don't be bashful, this isn't a critique thread, it's an appreciation thread. We won't laugh, we'll give a round of applause! :D

RocketmanTan

here's mine.....i have added "coils" and front "rail support" since this pic was taken

oh...i was watching "Big Bang Theory" the other night and Leonard purchased the actual time machine.
when he got in it and pretended to use it the other 3 guys ran around in fast motion (like the movie).

sounds like something my friend and I would do! And wow, I HAVE to build uhu's time machine someday!

racc00n

Trying to do my share

Well, here it is...It seems to be taking a long time, and my fingers are waaay too big, but it's coming along...I will follow up when it's finished.

Attachments

• 0519001914.jpg
    0519001914.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 368

fireroze22

Hello
Has Uhu02 put up the download for DL-44 Greedo Killer yet?
My self I have finished The Discovery it turn out Great.

Thanks UHuos fro great crafts.

jtkirklin

Wow...

Ok, I think everyone will agree that we need one of these: A showcase of models designed by Uhu02 and built by the rest of us.

As a designer myself I can safely say that the best compliment is to see others build your model and enjoy it, so, to say thanks to Uhu02 for the amazing models he provides us for free, let's see those pics!

Ill start the ball rolling! My build of Uhu02 and Makino's Enterprise, and a little edited pic!

That Enterprise came out great...fantastic job

rbeach84

New to Paper

Ug-Lee: Nice job on your Time Machine.
What printer & paper did you use? The colors look really good...
Thanks!

did this one as well, not really as intended, but uses UHU02's parts...

100D0511.jpg

uglyguy9

Ug-Lee: Nice job on your Time Machine.
What printer & paper did you use? The colors look really good...
Thanks!

hi rbeach
epson cx8600 printer
printed on 220gsm matt paper a4 size @ %100 (smaller parts on 90gsm)
after completion 2 applications of semi-gloss acrylic clear (brushed on)
:wave:

ps. a really enjoyable model to build.....its really not that hard and any intermediate builder will find this quite easy.
dont be intimidated by this build.....it really is superbly designed

Status
Not open for further replies.