The locomotive Moravia 1838

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Love these old trains!! watching this with keen interest!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I like that you cut out the wheels. You have already exceeded the average modelers build of this. ;)

Gandolf50

Staff member
Love the looks!! What did you use for rivets? Punch? as they are very nicely rounded as they should be!

Gandolf50

Staff member
I would call it HOLE PUNCH ... and that is the BEST SET I have ever seen!!!

mikezax

...this tool is used by goldsmiths to fit diamonds in jewels, but it is good on those rivets too :)

subnuke

Banned
Did some research on these tools. You can search for diamond beading tools on amazon and you will find these. Beware, what you find on amazon are cheap tools that are not good for jewelry work, but would probably work great for paper. When a diamond is set into prongs in a setting, a ring for example, the prongs are bent to grasp the diamond gem. The beading tool, rounds off the top of the prong. These are not punches but have round dimples in the tips. They can also be used to put the dimples in the setting around a gem. Goldsmiths use them for that purpose.

Thanks for introducing us to this tool as it is exactly what I have needed in my model work. I will be buying some of these.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The detailing you have done too this model really makes it POP!! I bet the pics do not do it justice. ;)

mikezax

... thank you, I wanted to improve the model a bit, I didn't want to rebuild it ... I'm glad you like it :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Very nice, and colorful. It looks like it was store purchased, and pre-assembled. From the pictures, it looks like a train. There is no telling what it is made of. Great job! :)