The Landmaster from Damnation Alley - short documentary

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I remember @trt making an outstanding paper model of the Landmaster here. There hasn't been any progress for quite some time. I'll shoot him a PM to see if there is an update available. ;)

Reactions: mijob

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
It is a awesome model that trt is building its a shame that he stopped posting. But there is tons of information available thanks to trt and zathros. Someone can step in to give it a try.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I actually modeled the whole body, suspension, for that model. I have a stack of hard drives and have no idea which one it is on. I helped him a lot with that model. The wheel arches were quite more complicated than they look. It would be nice to see it finished, but for me, that was two computers ago. I'd be starting all over again. I am losing much mobility these days. Maybe when they time finally comes, I'll become more cerebral, and try and finish off the models, which for the most part are done, I just don't have the wherewithal to complete. Migraines don't help. I don't spend much time looking at the monitor as much as I used too. I have an awesome AOC IPS 24" monitor too. Too many projects. :(

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Lovely interview on one of cinemas more interesting 'vee-hickles'

Seen many a picture of this vehicle, but never seen the film...must remedy that
:)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
IIt was not accepted by the military as the problem they were trying to overcome was done with better tire technology. Tires would get hot, so the suspension could rotate to cooler tires. Better tire technology relegated it to the junk heap, as far as the military was concerned. They it was rented out for Sci-Fi shows. I'm surprised that the clip doesn't includes the military's interest of the vehicle. There was a much more thorough documentary back in the 1970's about it. :)