test results from the doctor's appointment

cn nutbar

greetings all---i had an appointment with doctor wayne on wednesday---here's some of the test results---overall,things look pretty good---nothing better than a session with doctor wayne to improve one's spirits

31052006010.jpg

31052006014.jpg

31052006019.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Scared me there cn nutbar! Glad its this sort of doctor visit! :) I really like the water effects in this scene.
Ralph

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Those are sur nice Pacifics you got there...! And great scenery to run them in!

What is the explanation of the unique (in my eyes) treatment of 5626's cab roof? Have not seen an open one like that... but it's not fully enclosed either...?

Andrew

UP SD40-2

cn nutbar, first off, OUTSTANDING photography!:thumb:(as usual:thumb:). please correct me if i am wrong but i thought i read in another thread that you run YOUR engines at doctorwaynes? if this is so, NICE ENGINES!:thumb:...and...I AM TOTALLY ENVIOUS of YOU!:eek:ops::D cripes, i would LOVE to see and run MY 3 "Mighty Monsters of the Wasatch Mountains"(F-E-F, Challenger and Big Boy)on doctorwaynes SPECTACULAR layout!:thumb::D...AHHH...what a TRULY GLORIOUS site that would be!;):D **ANYWAYS, i think its great you guys get together and have a good time:thumb:. keep those AWESOME pics coming! THANKS!:D

cn nutbar

thanks for the feedback

hi everyone---your comments are much appreciated---first of all,any credits should be directed to wayne---not only has he opened his outstanding layout to me,all of my collection of locomotives and rolling stock are his doing---without his input i would probably have a collection of unpainted locomotives sitting in a display case---i truely realize how kucky i am to have such a talented and good friend.
it's interesting you commented on the cab of 5626 andrew as wayne and i were talking about this feature as well.#5626 is a K-3-G class pacific type locomotve built in 1911 by the Montreal Locomotive Works for the Grand Trunk Pacific railroad---this engine(to my knowledge) only worked in western canada where perhaps the enclosed cabs were not as common a feature---the engine was originally a coal burner but was converted to oil---however,it does get cold out west and during the winter,canvas type curtains were hung over the door ways to keep the cold out---i suspect the overhang was added to the roof to extend across the entire roofline to cover the back of the engine as well---anyway,that's my theory---if anyone has the real story i would welcome your comments---thanks again for your interest and comments---nutbar

cnw1961

Can’t beat that combination: outstandig modeling and very good photography. Please don’t stop posting pics, it is always a pleasure to see them.

doctorwayne

I think that I should put cn nutbar on the payroll of the Grand Valley as company photographer, then maybe I'd have more free time to get some more of the layout finished. Seriously though, my friend, you always make my work look pretty good. Thanks.

Wayne

cn nutbar

wayne's creation

hello---this is one of my favourite pictures from the latest photo session at doctor wayne's.i was hoping that wayne might post it as he was responsible for setting up this shot---hope you enjoy

31052006073.jpg

CN1

cn nutbar : Simply amazing!!:)

Exceptional modeling and photography skills:thumb: . Do you plan to have your own website?

Thanks for sharing.

doctorwayne

Here are a couple more shots from that doctor's visit: hope this doesn't violate the doctor/patient confidentiality rules.:D :D

This is a CNR loco on a short passenger train, moving through Dunnville's industrial district on the "Old Line", the former main. This line was relegated to secondary status in the late 1920s when then-parent NYC built the new Central Station and the elevated "High Line" through town. Reason for the detour is track maintenance south of Central Station.

31052006066.jpg

Here's a view of another CNR loco, this time on the last high bridge before the as-yet-unbuilt second level of the layout. This is on the unfinished part of the layout.

31052006102.jpg

Both photos are of cn nutbar's locos, taken with his camera, on my layout. My finger was used for shutter activation.

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thoses are some cool water effects in those first pictures.

How did you do them? They look so good as well as all the other pictures.