Stopped by CN yard

TrainClown

Yep. Got me a new cammera the other day, so today while on an erand I went by the CN yard just less than a mile from my house to take a few pix. Early evening, and the sun was sinking low. But wait! Here comes an engine now.

Attachments

• CN 1440 coming.jpg
    CN 1440 coming.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 263

TrainClown

So I took me a walk and had a looky at the other engines in there fleet. Here's another one of there switchers.

Attachments

• CN fleet 1439.jpg
    CN fleet 1439.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 254

TrainClown

Then there was this, sort of, odd looking fellow. At first I thought the paint was flaking off the side. Then I realiesed it wasn't flaking paint, it was a map. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• CN fleet 5333.jpg
    CN fleet 5333.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 241

TrainClown

Last in this row of engines was this HUGE mountain of a loco. At first it looked unused, then I noticed it was running. I found this odd as it was in the hole at the end of the siding. Hmmmmmmmmm?

Attachments

• CN fleet 5533.jpg
    CN fleet 5533.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 244

TrainClown

This engine looked much bigger than the rest. So I got a pic to try and convay the size.

Attachments

• CN 5533 from front.jpg
    CN 5533 from front.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 240

TrainClown

Then my batteries went dead! :mad: And after Dick told me to make sure I always had spare one too. :cry: So next time I will get the shots I missed of there old caboose rotting away. ;)

I hope you enjoy the pix.

TrainClown :wave:

interurban

I did enjoy those pictures T C.
I love to see the C N at work.
Looks like we may have a lot more to see know. :D :thumb:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
It's great to see the old zebra paint jobs still in use. One of the best CN has had.
Nice photos.

Glen Haasdyk

Lately I've been seeing more and more of those old GMD1's. It would be nice for a model to be issued sometime. But that probably won't happen, since they were a uniquly Canadian motive power.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Great pics TC!!! Thanks for documenting the action in Saskatchewan! I love the pic with the windsock...that unit looks ready for take off! :)
Ralph

TrainClown

Thanks guys :D

Ralph: I always wondered about that wind sock. I have no idea why they would need to know the direction of the wind, unless it's just to see what the wind is up to from a curious point of view.

Glen:I have no idea what engine is the GMD1. Could you point it out please. As a matter of fact, I'm a steam man and I couldn't tell one of these engines from the other without the numbers (sorry guys). My fave wasn't at the yard just then. No. 1432 goes by my house all the time servicing biz up and down the line, hauling all sorts of stuff. It's one of the smaller switchers and shows signs of lots of use. Photo will come soon. :cool:

TrainClown :wave:

Glen Haasdyk

The GMD1's were # 1439 and 1440. They were originaly built for service on the CN prairie branch lines. My guess is that your favorite # 1432 is also a GMD1.
I model in the transition era, mostly in the mid-to-late 50's, so I try to keep a good idea of both steam and diesel during this time frame.