Stealth Advanced III Thunder fighter

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I tried that way with the first one I built.... ended up having to make 2 more exhausts.
I did it this way and it worked better for me. That's just me though.... a lot of things work
better for me in reverse.

Am I just odd..... or are other people like that too.
Ok. Not a problem. Since this way works better for you, GO FOR IT! However way you do it, you are still doing a great job!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The torso would be easiest to cut down, you could have it slide (top over bottom section) till it fit, and it wouldn't be noticeable. :)

ennder

Next update:
Thank you all for the kind words :)
I got the engines and front forks?, pylons? points. done.
I had to remove the front landing gear housing in order to add the V shaped extension.
this will also help me add the landing gear later.
20191122_212506.jpg20191122_212514.jpg20191122_212526.jpg20191122_212544.jpg20191122_212557.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@ennder You did a great job on the "David Jones" Concept version. It looks really good!!!
The Stealth version is coming along very nicely!!!

ennder

Completed:
I finished it last night. I had to cut a recess into the bottom of the fighter to accommodate the front wall of the landing gear bay.
but other then that it went together well. Thank you RB for allowing me to have the files to build this. I'll have to get some thin plexi
to build a case to go over it to protect it. :)20191123_113637.jpg20191123_113705.jpg20191123_113728.jpg20191123_113754.jpg20191123_113820.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Great looking build, much better than my attempt at the standard version. I Like that it looks like a natural in the "Stealth" "Black out" scheme.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
AWESOME!! I love it!! What a badass looking ship! thumbsup

ennder

Thank you everyone Some things could have turned out better.... but that was my building errors.... NOT the model :)

ennder

The torso would be easiest to cut down, you could have it slide (top over bottom section) till it fit, and it wouldn't be noticeable. :)
I did this when I first built the figure... Later I thought that I would have to shorten it more. However, the 1/4" I had already taken out of
the torso and the shortening of the neck was plenty. When I dry fitted the canape there was about 1/8" clearance between the figure's
helmet and the inside of the canape.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Cut those people up and make them fit into those spaceship!! :) You should see me trying to fly a Cessna 152, my right shoulder is lifted up 6 inches, those planes were meant for Munchkins to fly!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BOY, that looks outstanding indeed! It looks as if your colours are even deeper and "thicker" than on our first builds. It looks almost as if you have spray-painted it while keeping the lines intact. The result is awesome! :):Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:

ennder

BOY, that looks outstanding indeed! It looks as if your colours are even deeper and "thicker" than on our first builds. It looks almost as if you have spray-painted it while keeping the lines intact. The result is awesome! :):Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:
My printer prints a little darker then the screen shows (I'm ok with that)... and I colored the paper edges with permanent marker