Star Wars Tie Fighter /my design / 1:48

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
This... this is what sci-fi paper modeling SHOULD be!! An honest effort toward making a product that is faithful to the original! :D I really enjoy seeing the level of dedication you're putting into your craft, and I look forward to the result. :)

Regarding the Bandai TIE Fighter, I think I can explain the difference in size you're seeing. I've built several of them for a project I'm in the middle of to make an entire catalogue of Seinar Fleet Systems TIE-series designs (yes, I'm that nuts...), and you should be aware that the cockpit ball is a bit wider than in that picture because there are sections taken out for the details at the top and bottom sides of the ball. When you account for that, as well as the fact that the pylons sink about 3-4mm into the wings, it looks a lot more accurate. :)

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
I definitely will. :) In fact, I'll do it now:

https://i.imgur.com/Wl9ltBb.jpg

TIE Recon, TIE Ground Targeting, TIE Line Fighter, TIE Fire Control

https://i.imgur.com/qV7JUWC.jpg

TIE Advanced x1

https://i.imgur.com/RK3sfLz.jpg

TIE Aggressor under construction. I also have a TIE Vanguard under construction, but the only mod I've done is angle and shorten the upper wings so far, so I don't have a pic yet, and I have a TIE Striker from Rogue One as well.

The rest of the project will include: TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, TIE Oppressor, TIE Sentry, TIE Trainer, TIE Ground Superiority, TIE Light Duty, TIE Experimental M1 through M5, Royal Guard TIE Interceptor, TIE Shuttle, TIE Lander, TIE Electronic Warfare, TIE Bomber Trainer, TIE Heavy Bomber, TIE Punisher, TIE Avenger, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom, TIE Raptor, TIE Lone Scout A, TIE Scimitar, TIE Torpedo Bomber, TIE Lambda, TIE Droid, TIE Crawler, TIE Mauler, TIE Star Cruiser, and TIE Hunter. And pretty much any other TIE series fighter I can find besides that. I won't be doing any First Order TIE's, because this is a start to the an Imperial War Museum project. After doing the TIEs, I'll probably do Imperial Walkers and Star Destroyers.

The TIE fighters are easy so far. I built all four of those TIE ships at the top in a single week, including painting, so it's not as daunting as you'd think.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Hi friends, this is where I am with my Tie-figther design. It is ower the top model for paper model purposes, so that is why it takes me so long. When I started it there was no such accuarte 3d model of tie-fighter that I was aware of, so I took this approach to make him detailed copy of original model and then convert it for paper model needs.

It is not true anymore, with rise of 3d printing few good 3d models poped out, so I will continue to model directly for paper purposes. Lets hope it will be faster process.

Cockpit:
int6.jpg
int7.jpgint8.jpghandlebars.jpgint2.jpg

Details:
ss3.jpgss2.jpg

owerall dimensions comparison of my model with original:
comp1.jpg
comp3.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you for the update! I'm really excited to see how this one is being constructed. :)