Star Wars A-Wing from Shunichi Makino with extras

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
The Derelict is a fine model. I'm still amazed at how elegant the design is. So I say, go for it! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This "A-Wing" look like a model you would see at some Hobby shop, in a glass case, locked, so you couldn't reach it, no info on how to get it, who built it, just there to entice you. If you ask, the guy looks at you, saying with his eyes, "it's above your pay grade"...............

Awesome!! :)

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
Amazing build! The extra details make it really pop. I'm sure this will imspire other builders to make similar enhancements. Thank you for sharing it with us! :)

As for the next build: Shunichi's AT-AT is a very good kit. And rumours have it that someone has developed a not-too-shabby-looking Colonial Viper Mk. I kit. ;)
And that rumoured Colonial Viper Mk. 1 kit looks awesome when it's built! Also, there are whispers of the Master Modeler Rhaven Blaack making one!

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Wow, looks beautiful.
Seening your build, and how far did you take it, I could save me the hassle and just downscale this model instead of comletly modyfy it for my build;).

If I can have one suggestion on how to improve this one of the best build paper Star Wars model I heve seen - make the "rudders" thicker. It was the only thing that bring me out of the immersion when looking at the photos.

Reactions: micahrogers

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Just wanted to add that the way you made is the best Glass for the Canopy is the best way to do it. The "Buck" ground to shape, and a long handle to pull the plastic after heating over. The handle gives you a place to mount it the tool. Well done! It came out perfect. ;)

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
Thank you very much everybody,

@bigpetr

The rudders are already double cereal card plus 2x 170gsm paper. I'll keep your suggestion in mind, maybe i will do it some time later. Thank you.

@zathros
That's exactly what i did. ;). I saw that at ennder's B-Wing build https://www.zealot.com/threads/star-wars-b-wing-blade-wing.180944/page-6 #120
I gave it a try and it worked out very well. If you don't have a vacuum box for "deep drawing the plastic sheet" this is the best way to get your canopy.
Thank you.