Star Trek: TMP Punch-Out Bridge Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonino

Very nice result. And your custom figures are much better than the original ones. They look real in their setting.
Great work! :Bravo:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
For a punch-out, this is really good!
You are doing a GREAT JOB with it!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Ron Caudillo's T.O.S. Enterprise Bridge is in the Resource area. There is another file with more view screen pics too. It's also FREE! :)

bridge01.jpg

ASC Mclaren

THERE ARE ALWAYS POSSIBILITIES…OF A MEGO VARIETY

About a year ago, I managed to buy a set of the Mego 3.75” figures of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Decker and Ilia for cheap. I remember when these were new and stores couldn’t give them away. I understood that because they were boring and didn’t look that good. But now nostalgia has kicked in and since the price was right I got them for my display shelf. While thinking of ways to display these, I got the bridge book and thought it would look great next to these figures. But, there is a big size difference between the two and that got me to thinking how cool it would have been to have this model scaled up as a play set for these figures. If you know me, you know where this is going…so keep your hailing frequencies open.

Ohhhh, I am so looking forward to this! Have you seen the Reaction Figures of Star Trek TOS? I was thinking they would look great in Ron's TOS bridge, with a slight re-scale.

Famous Dave

Awesome build. I don't think I have ever seen that model book before. It turned out great to be a punch out book product. Thanks for sharing.
Dave

ASC Mclaren

Very nice build! I just received one of the two I ordered, Rescaling will be a bit more involved, as it is a die cut model. It is now in the build pile.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Ohhhh, I am so looking forward to this! Have you seen the Reaction Figures of Star Trek TOS? I was thinking they would look great in Ron's TOS bridge, with a slight re-scale.

To answer in order: Thanks for looking...I've bought them all...and that re-scale ain't gonna be slight! ;)

Marco Scheloske

Cool to see this model built by another modeller. I had one in the early 90ties, but it got lost during a move. It was a fun build! I have another one in my stash, but I didn't build it till yet.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Thanks for the mention!

If you want, I can send you the original CorelDraw file (it's vectorized for easy resizing). PM me.

Best Regards,

Thanks, Ron. I hope I do it justice. I opened the PDFs files in Illustrator to work on them. My computer at work can do that without blowing the file up. Seems to have gone ok. I did a test build of the science station to see if my scaling worked with my ReAction Spock figure and it looks good. You can bet if I need help I'll come-a-runnin'!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the mention!

If you want, I can send you the original CorelDraw file (it's vectorized for easy resizing). PM me.

Best Regards,

@Ron Caudillo, is there any other format that is vector, I don't have CorelDraw and .psd files give me problems. rON, Did you make other Starship Main Bridges?

There used to be a whole slew of these but they went commercial, so I was told. I have them buried on one of the many hard drives I have.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
@Ron Caudillo, is there any other format that is vector, I don't have CorelDraw and .psd files give me problems. rON, Did you make other Starship Main Bridges?

There used to be a whole slew of these but they went commercial, so I was told. I have them buried on one of the many hard drives I have.

This is the only Bridge model I have designed.

I can export the pages to various image formats (TIF, PNG, etc.) but I don't know which ones would be considered vector. I can also export as a PhotoShop PSD file, that may be a vector format?

Best Regards,

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
PSD Files can be easily worked with, they just to be flattened then saved as whatever extension you wish. You do have to have Photoshop CS3 or CS5, which I have both, forget about CS6 as that is a monthly pay for life situation. Ironically, I always felt those others were a derivative of yours, and the TOS Enterprise is the only one I am interested in. :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
i am thinking in a whole other direction, the panels could be printed on clear plastic label sheets, and then adhered to gloss black thick cardstock with windows cut out, one white led per console could light them all up, maybe a layered picture box view screen for a 3-d effect with clear plastic over the front, slide in different scenes. lol im such a nerd.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You not a nerd, you just think out of the box so much, it is the norm, and that's good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.