Star Trek DS9:- Operation Return Diorama - 'micro' build log

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
the way im going now it looks like im only going to be able to build a ship a week, maybe on of Bruno's mini planes too, but somehow I got too busy. how many vorchas have you go going right now? and I bet they are less than 2 centimeters, right?

linweseregon

@spaceagent-9 I'm working on three vor'chas - getting bogged down with the nacelles as I don't have anything small enough to wrap the smallest parts around to shape them properly. 2cm? lol They're 2" ;)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
im working on the bottom hulls tonight and starting the nacelle struts tomorrow. 2''??!! isn't that rather large for you, lol!!
I always liked the vorcha design and thought that it should be the sttng replacement for the d-7. then they got the nevgar class and didn't really use it much except in battle scenes. I like that too but I like the vorcha better. pretty tired, those rehab gals are merciless at working us out!

linweseregon

@spaceagent-9 lol - you're getting too used to wee Hidekis and Jemmie bugs ;). I've always preferred the D7/K'tinga, although the bop is growing on me as well.
The rehab lasses seem to be the same the world over - my dad had the same with his after he had stents put in...
Yep, that's a pretty cool NX :)

@THE DC Thanks DC :D. Only another 50 or 60 to go - lol.

The vor'chas are finally finished. I managed to shape the nacelles with a combination of wrapping the rounded edges around a pin and then getting the final shape by pushing the joined rings onto the tip of needle-nosed tweezers. I had to ditch the additional relief details as the parts were just too small :(. So, the finished ships are exactly 2" in length and ready to be kamikaze-ed by bugs:-
09.JPG

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The vor'chas look FANTASTIC!!!
It is interesting that there are three different colour schemes. Is there a specific reason for the different colour schemes?

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Food for the Bugs - OR: Hello Kitty Klingons strike back! :D;)

Absolutely terrific! I am A-M-A-Z-E-D at the high quality of your builds! Hats off! :)

linweseregon

Thanks guys :D. There's no reason for the different colour schemes other than having a bit of variety :). I'll be doing all the different colour schemes of Galor as well, although it won't be quite as obvious as there's going to be 25 of them! I'm also using both colour schemes of the next ship - even if my printer hasn't shown much difference in the shading - lol.

Paragon's Steamrunner is next - thank-you Paragon :). Once again I didn't need to change the name and registry as they're illegible at this size. My reference pics show this ship as being fairly smooth, but I've printed each template twice just in case I need any recesses or protrusions. I've cut the first page of parts:-
01.JPG

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
As always, this will be interesting to see how it comes together.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Well, it could be DWhale's Hello Kitty Vortcha, or maybe it was seized by the Kzin????

:eek: