Star Destroyer Venator Class

tiluchi

Hello there, here is what it was my proyect of making a Venator.

I always want to have this ship since i saw the episode III of star wars.
But it seems that at the time there wasnt any models available. Or at least, good ones.

A friend of mine from another forum gave me this one.

dsc02155k.jpg

dsc02156xe.jpg

dsc02157e.jpg

It was kind of... ok. The color schemes were nice but it didnt look good.
The engines were so... wrong. The shape was a little bit odd and it lack of details. But it had potential.

Then I found this one. I dont remember if it was here or in papermodelers.com. Anyway... I built Jaybats model.

This one was also ok. Shape was good, the size also ok. But.... no color and the patterns were all wrong, or at least most of them.

So.....
I took the templates and then I erased everything except the shape of the piece, so I ended up with just a blank model, and then re-drew the whole thing from scratch, and even add some pieces and modify others for a more detailed result.

With the help of a lot of reference images, patience and photoshop I ended up with this...

Bottom

Side

Rear

Engine detail

Well... that's it.

A lot of work.... I didnt include the guns in the patterns so i made those for the model. they are so small.

When i ended the model and showed in papermodelers i tryed to contact jaybat to ask his permission to share the modifyed model with everyone else. But he never reply. Anyway, his signature remains in the patterns as author.

I uploaded the patterns in papermodelers and then my friend Jeff (hawkman67) made more modifications to the patterns and put more details on it.

Awsome details.... dorsal, ventral, and lateral launch/landing bays, both movie and CW versions. New side bulkheads all around, missing main engines 3-4, 3-D ventral trench parts, heavy and medium turbo-laser turrets. Plus parts to make the CW Resolute version

Hope you like it...and if you want it. Just let me know.

Saludos.
Tiluchi

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a relly good job on the builds and the revision.
The last one looks FANTASTIC!!!

tiluchi

Thanks man... im really thinking in building another one with the adittions of hawkman67.

Thanks for comment.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Thanks man... im really thinking in building another one with the adittions of hawkman67.

Thanks for comment.

Nice work!
Modification is always good. Makes the model unique. When you add your own ideas, even more so.

:wave:

Rogerio Silva

Doing all the textures from scratch made our work unique, as Dan said. BTW, it looks fantastic! I hope to get at that level someday.

Jaqarll

Even though I prefer the models of the original trilogy one thing the new models did great was colors, which also reflects nicely on your model with the great redtone. :)

tiluchi

Even though I prefer the models of the original trilogy one thing the new models did great was colors, which also reflects nicely on your model with the great redtone. :)

Thanks... I also prefer the original trilogy, and now im doing my models in order of appearance of the original trylogy, already did the Tantive IV, and now im finishing my star destroyer.

Thanks for stoping by and comment.

Saludos
Tiluchi.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You have done such a great job, you may want to consider releasing a kit with your modifications and just state those people names you may wish to credit. Looks great!! :)

Col.Hertford

Nice kits all of them. I like the textures. I'm not generally a fan of the prequel ships but the venator is the exception.

Good job on the mods sir!

tiluchi

Ok then... thanks.

I am contributing!!! ... I can finally give something, to somewhere, from where I have taken so much..hehehehe

:thumb:

Saludos
Tiluchi.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, that's awesome! That's exactly the reason why I started designing paper models - I wanted to give something back to a wonderful community. I'm looking forward to seeing the kit. Great work, Tiluchi! :thumb:

Maverick65

Hey Tiluchi, great job on this one. Your modifications and others make a good model even better. Thanks for sharing your builds. Look forward to more of them. I'd be happy to add yours to my ever growing build list.

Regards,

Rick