Space Wulf Dreadnaught

silveroxide

After a long sabbatical, I am back with another build thread. The comments are in the photos so enjoy the sequence trip. I did use a Games workshop model for reference and did make some adjustment to Eli's model. It is the approximate same size as the Games Workshop model, and it is sturdy enough to handle a table top game. The design is by Eli Patoroch and is over at amormans thread.001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Here are a few shots of the finished model and a games workshop model which I used as reference
071.JPG

A010.jpg

A0014.jpg

A0014.jpg

Attachments

• 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 3

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It is good to see you building again!
This is FANTASTIC! As always, you are doing a SPECTACULAR JOB!
My son is into WH40K. I may have to build one for him if he sees this. :cool:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The Master is back, and back to building. So nice to hear from you!! :)

silveroxide

It is good to see you building again!
This is FANTASTIC! As always, you are doing a SPECTACULAR JOB!
My son is into WH40K. I may have to build one for him if he sees this. :cool:

Thanks for looking in. If you build it my way, (heavily laminated) it will withstand the rigors of constant handling for a table top game.

silveroxide

Here is the next batch of photos for your enjoyment. The connecting cylinder to the lower hip section was too long so I had to trim it down. If you do not want to roll another cylinder, do not use a knife to cut it off or you may crush the tube. I used my dremel with a cut off wheel for this.018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

silveroxide

More updates on the Dreadnaught. As you can see by now, my verdsion is slightly different from Eli's. He gave me a great base to start with. That hip joint is the weakest part of the dreadnaught, so to make it strong, I heavily laminated the joint and added drilled holes to insert rods/pins. The rods/pins will give the joint strength to handle the table top gaming.

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your Grandchildren must be dying to get their hands on these!! :)

silveroxide

Your Grandchildren must be dying to get their hands on these!! :)

Actually, my grand kids do not have that artistic urge like their grandpa. They are mostly in favor of anything that has to do with ball, baseball, football, basketball, soccer, etc etc.

And now to place the new updates on screen for your pleasure.

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

The rolled strip will go on a dremel and get rounded off to make that ball joint.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Absolutely fantastic and stunning work! :)

Silver, you have not "unlearned" anything! This is top-notch quality. Carry on, please! :)

silveroxide

Absolutely fantastic and stunning work! :)

Silver, you have not "unlearned" anything! This is top-notch quality. Carry on, please! :)

Thanks for your kind words. As usual, my build techniques are a bit different but the results is what matters.

So here is the next set in the build technique.

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

The ends of the Hydraulics are small cut pieces of paper rods from and ear swab.

silveroxide

Thanks for all of the likes. I am pleased that you have looked in and enjoyed my build thread.

And so the build thread continues. The foot pad template has added tabs which are to be folded underneath the pad template. A wrapped cylinder is made to fit the ball joint. This will allow for better posing . The plans have this section cut at an angle and it would have to be exact to place the legs on the foot pad. With the ball joint, you can place the legs into different poses.

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

silveroxide

This is really looking good!!!

that's really cool!! for some reason I think of silent running bots, heuy duey and louie

Thanks for looking in and for your comments. As for the silent running bots, the boxy shape is reminiscent of the bots.

The pads are constructed a bit differently from the plans. The ball joint is better suited for posing the dreadnaught. Not only that, but is more sturdy for constant handling. The hip and leg section is the weakest part of the model. Because of this, I made sure that it is very strong.

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg