Space Marines Spartan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Looking at that model in full size really brings out the excellent detail. This is where big pics rule!! :)

JanMarciniak

Hi Guys. I've finally found few hours for cardboard hobby :)
Left side armour and weapon starts to take shape.
13876641_1730738570547462_4328414290757388229_n.jpg

Ps. I dont know why but I couldnt attach file directly to post.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Awesome. I don't know why more people don't use hinges like that for tracked vehicles. They come in quite a few sizes. The ones used for ailerons in R/C planes are a bit smaller, and less visible, and would work well for smaller scale vehicles, and also as hinges for doors, so they can open and close smoothly. Great job! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is really coming together nicely!
I really like what all you are doing with it!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Are you using currency for the bogey wheels!! That is great!! It is quite beastly looking. Can't wait to see how it looks when painted. :)

JanMarciniak

Are you using currency for the bogey wheels!! That is great!! It is quite beastly looking. Can't wait to see how it looks when painted. :)

Yeah. It took me a while to make this decision. I've used lowest value ones ;) It was the cheapest proxy for wheels :D 1mm larger that original ones but they did the trick.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I think it was a great choice. Having been a machinist, Tool and DYe, and CNC programmer, I love the use of metal in model. I like multi media models a lot, and your model epitomizes building with greebling at it's best. :)

JanMarciniak

Ladies & Gentleman it's finished :)
After long months model spend in closet I was very motivated to end it as fast as possible- quality suffered a bit but it was holding me down with other stuff I have to finish so... I hope You'll like it more than I do.20170322_100335.jpg 20170322_100204.jpg 20170322_100218.jpg 20170322_100234.jpg 20170322_100243.jpg 20170322_100317.jpg 20170322_100403.jpg 20170322_100437.jpg

silveroxide

Great work. Thanks for sharing. The only things needed are the spiky things and impaled heads and body parts that are the trade mark of Chaos, but I am sure you have some of that stuff in your bitz bin. So what is next?