Silent Running Maintenance Drone "Dewey"

JimZ

Jul 15, 2012
102_3972.JPG I bought this from "Posigrade Creations" back in the early 90's. Back then, the kit was the bomb. The solid casting should have been slush cast to make the kit lighter. Still, the details are fine.

Attachments

• 102_3963.JPG
    102_3963.JPG
    796.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 102_3965.JPG
    102_3965.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 102_3966.JPG
    102_3966.JPG
    601.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 102_3968.JPG
    102_3968.JPG
    732.3 KB · Views: 26

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
When you are here long enough, you will be able to download an incredibly detailed Dewey model. Great model you have there. A collector piece! That LEM your making is a really good start. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thanks, and by the way, I already do have access. :)

I can't keep track of that stuff, glad you do.but having the model you do, it would be cool to see both side by side. That has to be one of the most underrated, under shown moves, and I like Joan Baez, so screw people who can't go along with the period and subject of the movie. I downloaded the whole movie off of YouTube. You can get anything from YouTube, or almost anyplace else that shows a video using this link: http://keepvid.com/ The page is self explanatory, you sometimes see 1080P versions of movies there too. if your looking for just the song, it will pull the song track in many different formats, many better than stinky MP3. :)

This is the link to the first part of the movie on YouTube. You copy and paste this into the Bar at "KeepVid" Picture below explains it all. This works much better than "DownloadHelper, which has not been working on YouTube much lately.KeepVid.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You have to use Internet Explorer, it works smoother, but that's fine. :)

JimZ

Jul 15, 2012
NEW 003.jpg Hi Zarthos, thanks for the info but I'm not a big fan of on-line movies. I purchase the original disks. I always buy the ones I like. I actually have 12 copies of alien because of the different versions available in various formats & box sets. I also have original in VHS and LCD, (Yes I was a collector befor CD & DVD). My special edition Aliens LCD has some behind the scenes footage that to this day has not made it to DVD. And don't even get me started on Star Wars.. :)
Here's just a very small tip of the iceburg.

Reactions: Cybergrinder

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I own the 10 disk Collectors set of the original trilogy Star Wars on LCD my LCD player however has bit the big one :-(

ASC Mclaren

Nov 18, 2011
Western Washington
Ahhh, Sci-fi, especially from the '70s and '80s. I love Silent Running, Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, Space 1999, Quark, Battlestar, Buck Rogers, Red Dwarf. I just ordered Space Station 76, I have high hopes.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have an extensive DVD collection. I also have had to remove the HDCP copyright protection from them, as it is incompatible with my LCD Projector, and makes the DVD's drop to 480P from 1080i. I have a DVD player that was sold illegally in this country. By flashing the unit's firm ware, I was able to convert it (it said Zenith on the outside) to L.G. on the Logo, and pass the high definition signal through the YPrB RCA jacks. Since this DVD player has a built in upscaling,(to 1080i), I am able to watch movies at 200" inches diagonally, the picture is rear excellent picture. I make my own speakers. I designed a pair of tapered 1/4 wave tubes for the front left and right main speakers, with an Fs of 29 Hz. These are 6.5' feet tall, 14 inches wide, twelve inches deep at the base, with a 3" port at the bottom, 14 inches long for the base rear wave to come out in phase with the front wave. They do not vibrate as they are an open baffle design. I used a Piezo electric tweeter as they produce a capacitance feedback, which precludes the need for a cross over network. The have a very Holographic sound. Two Infinity speakers for the side, and two vintage Genesis II speakers bring up the rear. I have a Miller Kreisel sub-woofer, it goes down to 10 Hz.

For audio, a way different approach. i have a LL Scot LC290 Laboratory Tube AMP, circa 1960, (12AX7's)with matching tube pre-amplifiifier, and tube FM Tuner. Musical Sound with Vocals, to me is a very different experience than sound effects. My Onkoyo 7.2 receiver works fine, but just does not compare to the tube amp with simple stereo, and vintage vinyl. :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Wow JimZ, that is some collection! Extra features on Holy Grail?.... And is this where the Python based models are coming from?

I used to have a VCR player, that was, erm, nicked. I still have my original trilogy Star Wars, Life of Brian, Holly Grail, AI (Artificial Inteligence) and"The Treble Season of Manchester United" on VHS.

Yes, even though times are a bit dark, Man Utd still the best! (ok, I'm expecting comments after this,..
.)download.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You know, they sell a copyright buster for VCR's, now that the technology is dated, that takes out the color phase shift, and allows you to make one to one copies, and if you have a capture board, you can do this right into your computer. Why lose the tape?

This is how you do it. Digital Video Stabilizer. I used to sell this in my T.V. repair shop. Amazon sells them now. They were only $20 bucks retails when I sold them!! Pick the "Video Image Stabilizer, that one works. It's $30 dollars, but it will save all that p̶o̶r̶n̶, er I mean, Sci-Fi you have collected. It's Ferengi recommended, under "The General Rules Rules of Acquisition, Obsolete Terran Technology".
animated-smileys-startrek-007.gif

$27.00 + S&H. :)

Link = http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video...1584&sr=8-1&keywords=Digital+Video+Stabilizer

upload_2014-10-11_8-49-22.jpeg

JimZ

Jul 15, 2012
Regarding Dewey, as some might have noticed, he's really dusty and has yellowed from the smoke I used to exhale. Now that I've kicked that habit, I have to take some time and clean up all my old builds. I wish I would have had the glass display cases I have now back then.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Once the L.E.M. came into the thread, it became an extension of your Intro post. :)