Searching for NASA LLRV

seakrakken

I'm thinking some paper soda straws and a reasonable facsimily of a jet engine in the middle with some balls and you would be pretty close.
Maybe that would be too simplified? sign1

dkaniel

I'm thinking some paper soda straws and a reasonable facsimily of a jet engine in the middle with some balls and you would be pretty close.
Maybe that would be too simplified? sign1

It all depends on the final look and craftsmanship. Are there any decent photos and 3d views of it?

seakrakken

Actually there is.
I went to the NASA website and they have a very decent archive at a variety of resolutions to choose from. Very good 3-view as well.
The one below is low res, but is an example of the source materials available.
Unlike myself, I'm sure a real modeller could do this justice.

Attachments

• 226325main_LLRV_3-view_226.jpg
    226325main_LLRV_3-view_226.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 178

OhioMike

I know from a discovery chasnnel special on it that when you see the pilot ejecting from it, its Neil Armstrong you see ejecting!

dkaniel

Actually there is.
I went to the NASA website and they have a very decent archive at a variety of resolutions to choose from. Very good 3-view as well.
The one below is low res, but is an example of the source materials available.
Unlike myself, I'm sure a real modeller could do this justice.

Can you post the link for the NASA Website, I'm not volunteering to build a paper version of the model but I would like to see how hard or easy it might be to do

RocketmanTan

"simplified", eh? Looks like a job for... Half-Assed Man! That is, if i can get around to it...I'll keep ya guys updated if I make any progress on it...:eek:ops:

ovation

I started on a basic card model to figure out the legs and struts,but it just looked wrong,
Il let someone one else have a go :rolleyes:

JJ-UK

seakrakken

:cool: Thats what I like about it :)
You can't do it any injustice.
It's one of the ugliest flying machines ever made!
Thats the sheer beauty of it!:rofl:
I'm sure that the NASA team that built it made it according to the most exacting standards.
It's still a jet engine with an ERECTOR set around it and an accidental place bolted on for the pilot to sit.
It calls out to the surpressed Engineer in me.:twisted:

Space Boy

That's gonna be a really tough job. I do not know which scale you prefer to build; if it will be 1:48 or smaller than that u can use toothpick to build skeleton like landing gears & the main part. To me; giving a thin cylinder shape to a piece of card is a really hard & boring job. Moreover toothpick landing gears will be seen more decorative & realistic; of course after you paint them. (Gluing will be a tough job too but its worth seeing.) Good Luck to build that historic flying machine...