Sad day

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I was wondering when that would happen. His work has been pirated all over the net. It would be nice to have it in one place, that pays homage to him. We would gladly do it. We are hosting the complete works of many designers, and it allows them to get on with the business of designing models. They have complete sovereignty over their work, so it's a plus for all.

Zio was a pioneer in this hobby, he seems like he would have been a great character to know. If anyone knew how to contact them family and could explain we would host his work, if they wished, we would be happy too. Then again, he may have family members who wish to sell them, you never know. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Chris was trying to get in touch with Zio's family to offer to host the models here. AFAIK they haven't responded to him yet.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
His models are all over the web. Having been pirated long ago. It must have disheartened him as he gave them away anyways. It would not be hard to put a collection together. I think I have most of them somewhere. Without permission, there is nothing that can be done. Of course, a build thread with his models would be a fitting remembrance for members willing to participate would do, past builds would certainly be welcome. :)