Rogue one Tie Striker design thread

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Good evening all, I will start soon with the beta build of the Tie Phanton. So I'm looking at a new project this time I will designing the Rogue one Tie Striker. I found some nice reference material. I see some lovely challenges:
Wings can be rotated, front and rear sphere halfs connecting to a tube, designing some nice looking wings and adding a lot of details. And some other stuff that will turn up during the project.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
This will be a great build to follow. I built the Bandai 1/144th, and would love the 1/72nd, but have no place to display it.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Most awesome!!! This is going to be fun to watch. @micahrogers is one talented modeler, so he'll be a great go-to guy!
Okay now, don't y'all go overrating my modeling skills, I'm a Mediocre Modeler at best.... I'll see if I can find some pics of the Bandai 1/144th that I built. To be honest, I don't even know if it is still in one piece.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Here is the first drawing I made the wings a bit smaller.
The total lenght will be 290 mm and the model will be 200 mm width. Total height will be around 50 mm.
If I make the original wings the model will be 250 mm width and 360mm long.
Below the difference between the original wing and my design.
I have to say that the big ones look much better only thing they are huge.
Template wise the smaller ones fit better on one pages.
I think I will stay with the smaller ones

Tie striker_01.JPG

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Thank you micah. Its a nice start for this model. And it could be used to make a Tie bomb.. (spoiler allert) :eek:

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
I was not happy with the first fuselage. It was to big for the sphere. I end up with a misformed fuselage as you can see on the photo.
20220320_171328.jpg
So I made a new smaller fuselage and the fitting is much better. Maybe the fuselage must be a tiny bit bigger. I will look at it at a later moment
20220320_171118.jpg
Also I made a bottom plate to seal of the cutting lines. And yes some parts I re used from UHU.
20220320_171149.jpg
Till next update.

Last edited: